No announcement yet.

Some discs seem to not detect and I simply cannot rip them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Some discs seem to not detect and I simply cannot rip them

It happened with some titles (last one was The Wolverine Blu-Ray disc) that I insert the disc in the drive, I start DVDfab. It starts reading the content of the disc and it simply don't do anything. It goes back to the scree to add some media or disc to rip. I try it by hand and open/close the tray again. The program starts reading the disc and then nothings happen (again the "Insert disc or click on +..." screen).

Do you know why this is happening? Is something related with the disc protection?

Thanks.

I don't know if the issue is related with these lines in the log file:

Code:
    [B]2018.11.27-18:30:19: failed to read data key: sensekey 05 asc 24 acsq 00
    2018.11.27-18:30:19: failed to open 209
    2018.11.27-18:30:19: Source manager: open failed, delete source id 1.[/B]
    2018.11.27-18:30:19: Source manager: select video files for open.
    2018.11.27-18:30:19: opening iso D:/
    2018.11.27-18:30:19: Source manager: open source flag:1,0,1,1,1

Comment

Please attach the entire log session from this disc, instructions linked in my sig, below.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry for the delay in answering. I was away from home. I just test with the same disc and I attach the logs created by the app.

Thank you!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by calamar; 12-24-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Hi calamar,

2018.12.24-12:16:53: failed to read data key: sensekey 05 asc 24 acsq 00
          2018.12.24-12:16:54: failed to open 209
          We are working on this, please kindly wait for next build and try again.

Comment

Thanks Mona! I recently updated to version 11.0.1.1. I tried but still the same messages in the log file. Is it solved in any future version?

Comment

Originally posted by calamar View Post
              Thanks Mona! I recently updated to version 11.0.1.1. I tried but still the same messages in the log file. Is it solved in any future version?
              Please post the latest log file. Thanks.

Comment

Tip: Uninstall DVDFab using Revo Uninstaller Free and after that set it to scan the computer for every left overs there is of DVDFab and delete everything it finds.
                Now install the latest version of DVDFab again, because now its a fresh clean install instead of an "update" so to speak.
                This fixed various reading problems i had with both DVD's and Blu-ray's that i all of a sudden began experiencing.

Comment

Hello,

I followed the steps mentioned to uninstall DVDFab using Revo Uninstaller. I installed it again and I get the same issue with the same discs. Today I ripped new discs: Mary Poppins's Return, Fried Green Tomatoes. These two worked perfectly and I ripped them. Then I tried with Carol bluray and the same issue, starts reading the disc and simply do nothing and do not appear any chapter to select for ripping. Then I tried with My Name is Harvey Milk and the same issue.

I attach the logs for My Name Is Harvey Milk. Seems there are some error messages at the end of the log. What do these error messages mean?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by calamar; 07-21-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Adding more info: I tried with a different tool called "Open Blu-Ray Ripper 2". I use the "My name is Havey Milk" disc with this app and the movie was ripped properly.

Comment

Thanks for the update, I will pass the isse to our developers for checking.

Comment

Hello,

I followed the steps mentioned to uninstall DVDFab using Revo Uninstaller. I installed it again and I get the same issue with the same discs. Today I ripped new discs: Mary Poppins's Return, Fried Green Tomatoes. These two worked perfectly and I ripped them. Then I tried with Carol bluray and the same issue, starts reading the disc and simply do nothing and do not appear any chapter to select for ripping. Then I tried with My Name is Harvey Milk and the same issue.

I attach the logs for My Name Is Harvey Milk. Seems there are some error messages at the end of the log. What do these error messages mean?
                        Drive issue, please try to reboot your PC or reinstall your drive to try again. Please feedback, thanks.

Comment

Hello,

I restarted my computer and tried again with those discs. The same result. I check for firmware updates on my drive and it is up to date. Note that this issue happens with some specific BDs, it's not random. I mean, if it fails with a disc, it always fails with the same disc.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

I restarted my computer and tried again with those discs. The same result. I check for firmware updates on my drive and it is up to date. Note that this issue happens with some specific BDs, it's not random. I mean, if it fails with a disc, it always fails with the same disc.

Thanks.
                            Please download the latest Passkey at http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm to try again with those problematic movies and see if it will make a difference.

Comment

Hello,

I downloaded the Passkey program and installed. I open it with the disc inserted. This is the info I get when opening the settings window:

Code:
                              Info for drive [D:\] (DVDFab Passkey 9.3.5.4)
                              Vendor: HL-DT-ST, Product: BDDVDRW CH10LS20
                              Revision: 1.02, Vendor specific: 4
                              Drive region: 2 (RPC II), changes left: 4(user) / 4(vendor)
                              AACS v1, AGIDs: 1, revocation level: MKBv65+
                              Support: BUS_ENCRYPTION=NO BN_GENERATION=YES

Disc media: Blu-ray (BDMV)
                              Disc is not opened.
                              I click in OK and after the trial period advise, program seems to start reading the disc. Then, nothing happens:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	passkey.png
Views:	850
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	370614

If I choose the option "Rip to hard disk" I get the message "DVDFab Passkey is not active for drive D:!". If I rip it to image with no protection, I get the same error message. But if I tick the "Keep protection" option, it starts ripping the image.

Comment

Working...
                              X