Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD RIP subtitles are not showing in players

Hi,

When i rip any of my movies to mkv or mp4 format, and selecting all the subtiltes to keep in the file, it is not possible to use the subtitles on the microsoft standard players, neither on the DviX player and neither on my TviX player. Only the VLC player is able to use them all correctly.

A year ago, this was not a problem in the older versions

I assume you mean the "remux into file" optiion. Does this happen on all that you try or only certain discs? Please look in your DVDFab internal log for the session for one of these and attach that session to a post as a text file. Instructions for this are linked in my sig, below. I am moving your topic to the DVD Ripper forum.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi there,

I want to elaborate a bit on this topic. Like OP stated above, I always want to have subtitle included in the mp4 output files. I tried both options: "Remux into file" and "Extract to idx/sub file". The "Remux into file" didn't produce any file other than the mp4 itself. The "Extract..." option produced 2 files (a subtitle and a database/index). When I played back the resulting mp4 movie files in regular media player (Windows built-in Windows Media, Movie and TV app) on Windows or Android, or SmartTV's, or Xbox 360/Xbox One... the movies never showed any subtitle. I tried to search for subtitle file but the players wouldn't recognize these subtitle files.

I resorted to use "Direct render to video" option and this one did put the subtitle onto the movie itself, so it kind of like a burn-in. This option works, but I still have a few questions I would like to ask our support staff or anyone who is well-versed in DvdFab Ripper features.

1. Is there anyway to rip Bluray to mp4 and still be able to play back the movie with subtitle whenever I like (instead of force a burn-in using "Direct render" option), using whatever regular/standard media player available (not any specific app or special software install)? For example, if I plug my USB drive (with mp4 movies) into a USB port on a SmartTV that supports mp4, I want to be able to play the mp4 movies with subtitle turned on if I want to, or turned off if I don't want to be distracted by the subtitle on screen. If a media player doesn't support external subtitle, that is OK too. I just want to know for sure if the subtitle produced by DvdFab is compatible with other built-in popular media players (Windows Media Player being one of these, Movie Player on Android is another popular app).

2. Using the "Direct render to video" in DvdFab for sure slow down the ripping process, right? Will it also cause video quality to be affected?

3. Is there a universal setting in DvdFab regarding subtitle so that I don't have to adjust options manually for every movie I rip? I tend to rip multiple Bluray folders to Mp4 in batches, so anything that simplifies process will help.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, the QA wants to know if smart tv xbox360/xboxone can play the DVD subtitle file when you play an original DVD disc?

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post
          Hi, the QA wants to know if smart tv xbox360/xboxone can play the DVD subtitle file when you play an original DVD disc?
          For a disc, I use Xbox One which has a Bluray drive. Yes, the subtitle displays properly on original discs.

Comment

I can't say that it works for MP4, but Media PLayer Classic (https://mpc-hc.org/) lets you switch between different subtitle tracks in MKV format, as well the player component of PLEX on many devices.

Comment

Originally posted by vbcomer View Post
              Hi there,

I want to elaborate a bit on this topic. Like OP stated above, I always want to have subtitle included in the mp4 output files. I tried both options: "Remux into file" and "Extract to idx/sub file". The "Remux into file" didn't produce any file other than the mp4 itself. The "Extract..." option produced 2 files (a subtitle and a database/index). When I played back the resulting mp4 movie files in regular media player (Windows built-in Windows Media, Movie and TV app) on Windows or Android, or SmartTV's, or Xbox 360/Xbox One... the movies never showed any subtitle. I tried to search for subtitle file but the players wouldn't recognize these subtitle files.

I resorted to use "Direct render to video" option and this one did put the subtitle onto the movie itself, so it kind of like a burn-in. This option works, but I still have a few questions I would like to ask our support staff or anyone who is well-versed in DvdFab Ripper features.

1. Is there anyway to rip Bluray to mp4 and still be able to play back the movie with subtitle whenever I like (instead of force a burn-in using "Direct render" option), using whatever regular/standard media player available (not any specific app or special software install)? For example, if I plug my USB drive (with mp4 movies) into a USB port on a SmartTV that supports mp4, I want to be able to play the mp4 movies with subtitle turned on if I want to, or turned off if I don't want to be distracted by the subtitle on screen. If a media player doesn't support external subtitle, that is OK too. I just want to know for sure if the subtitle produced by DvdFab is compatible with other built-in popular media players (Windows Media Player being one of these, Movie Player on Android is another popular app).

2. Using the "Direct render to video" in DvdFab for sure slow down the ripping process, right? Will it also cause video quality to be affected?

3. Is there a universal setting in DvdFab regarding subtitle so that I don't have to adjust options manually for every movie I rip? I tend to rip multiple Bluray folders to Mp4 in batches, so anything that simplifies process will help.

Thanks.
              1. Our QA team tested that when play the original MP4 on xbox, the subtitle feature is disabled.

When play on Windows Media Player, it does not support VOBSUB and PGS subtitle.

We still want to know if it is your player which does not support that.

2. When you use "Direct render to video", it will not reduce the conversion speed. Also, it does not affect the video quality.

3. Once you set the profile, please check "Apply All", so you do not have to make the adjustment for each conversion. See attached.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X