Fab crashing trying to open Lost discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Fab crashing trying to open Lost discs

I'm backing up Lost into streaming format but every time I try to open Lost S01D07 or S02D07 Fab crashes and generates an error report. Both discs play OK on both the PC and standalones but cause Fab to crash for some reason. More discs might do the same but I've only just gotten into S03 now.
    Attached Files

Please don't edit the log sessions, they begin with a version stamp. What version of DVDFab are you using?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I didn't edit them. I cleared the logs then opened and ran Fab, tried opening both discs, Fab crashed both times, and this is exactly what was contained in them. This is using 1107. Maybe since it crashed instead of opening the disc is what produced the log the way it is, I dunno, but this is all there is in it.

Comment

The end of the log is normal and shows that it sent a crash report to the mother ship. The beginning is missing, it starts at 18 minutes after Fab was opened. This is a pretty old disc set and should be supported, not sure why you had a problem, the log shows BDFix trying to repair it for some reason. Best suggestion is to turn off Fab or Passkey or any other decrypter and use Windows to copy all the files/folders except the m2ts in the STREAM folder and zip them. I will send you instructions for uploading for the developers.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I tried both discs again last night without clearing the log first and it generated correctly this time. I tried uploading it last night but kept getting the message that the server was too busy. S1D7 generated an error report after crashing. S2D7 simply crashed with no error report.
          Attached Files

Comment

Got it, sorry about the server thing. Please try it again when you can, if it still fails I will find another upload method.

Comment

I'm going to finish ripping the series to make sure no more discs cause it to crash then I'll report the info for which discs do. I got through S3 and S4 without Fab crashing but the last discs of each season loaded and ripped incredibly slow. It's always the last disc in the season that seem to be a problem so far. That's the disc with all the special features with interactive menus and everything else. It's messing with Fab somehow. I can't even play those discs with FabPlayer I have to use PowerDVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post
                I'm going to finish ripping the series to make sure no more discs cause it to crash then I'll report the info for which discs do. I got through S3 and S4 without Fab crashing but the last discs of each season loaded and ripped incredibly slow. It's always the last disc in the season that seem to be a problem so far. That's the disc with all the special features with interactive menus and everything else. It's messing with Fab somehow. I can't even play those discs with FabPlayer I have to use PowerDVD.
                Did you do as Signals said in post #4?

Best suggestion is to turn off Fab or Passkey or any other decrypter and use Windows to copy all the files/folders except the m2ts in the STREAM folder and zip them. I will send you instructions for uploading for the developers.

If not yet, please try and send us the files, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Did you do as Signals said in post #4?

Best suggestion is to turn off Fab or Passkey or any other decrypter and use Windows to copy all the files/folders except the m2ts in the STREAM folder and zip them. I will send you instructions for uploading for the developers.

If not yet, please try and send us the files, thank you.
                  I was finishing ripping the series first to see if any more discs did it. There were unfortunately, S6D1. Log attached. I will try to upload the rest tonight.

Edit: Forgot to attach the log
                  Attached Files

Comment

I was finishing ripping the series first to see if any more discs did it. There were unfortunately, S6D1. Log attached. I will try to upload the rest tonight.

Edit: Forgot to attach the log
                    We got the files, checking now, we will update you as soon as possible.

Comment

UPDATE: we test the files you uploaded, and they work perfectly with the latest v11.0.0.9, please upgrade to try again.

Comment

I tried again using 11.0.0.10 and S01D07, S02D07 and S06D01 still crash. I've uploaded the log for S06D01 but not the others because they're identical except for the disc. Let me know if you want those logs too. They probably didn't try to rip any of the Special Features. They probably just tried to load the disc. You can rip the episodes but when you select some/any of the Special Features to rip Fab crashes. Breaking Bad and Firefly are doing the exact same thing. The episodes can be ripped but the Special Features, or some of them, cannot.

The discs that contain Special Features will do one of three things:

1. The disc will cause Fab to crash on load so you can't rip anything.
                        2. You can rip the episodes and some of the Special Features but not others.
                        3. You can rip the episodes but trying to rip ANY of the Special Features causes Fab to crash.
                        Attached Files

Comment

We will check again.

Comment

I tried again using 11.0.0.10 and S01D07, S02D07 and S06D01 still crash. I've uploaded the log for S06D01 but not the others because they're identical except for the disc. Let me know if you want those logs too. They probably didn't try to rip any of the Special Features. They probably just tried to load the disc. You can rip the episodes but when you select some/any of the Special Features to rip Fab crashes. Breaking Bad and Firefly are doing the exact same thing. The episodes can be ripped but the Special Features, or some of them, cannot.

The discs that contain Special Features will do one of three things:

1. The disc will cause Fab to crash on load so you can't rip anything.
                            2. You can rip the episodes and some of the Special Features but not others.
                            3. You can rip the episodes but trying to rip ANY of the Special Features causes Fab to crash.
                            Hi Diaboyos,

When you choose other Special Features title DVDFab crashed immediately, or that you can select those Special Features titles, but upon start process DVDFab crashed?

Please use Passkey to create an P-ISO file from one of the problematic disc and send it to us to help check the problem. Thank you in advance.

Passkey can be downloaded at: http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm Click image for larger version  Name:	rip to image with protection kept.png Views:	1 Size:	21.7 KB ID:	363677

Comment

Sorry for the delay.

To answer your question it crashes when you attempt to add the title to the queue.

I can't send an ISO of a Blu-Ray. I have strict bandwidth limits with my ISP.

I'm starting to backup Battlestar Galactica now. If I have problems with it I'll post the logs.

Comment

Working...
                              X