DVD movie will not rip past 20 minutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD movie will not rip past 20 minutes

I purchased a DVD movie, which I cannot rip completely, even though DVDFab says it is successfully finished after each attempt.

Each ripped file only captures 20 minutes of the movie. The movie is 1:48:19 in duration.

I am using DVDFab 11.0.1.7 (20/02/2019) 64-bit

I have tried to rip this movie on two different computers with two different DVD drives. I can successfully view the entire 1:48:19 movie with DVDFab Player 5.

I also tried to rip this DVD with the DVDFab 32-bit version with the same results.

The movie is “The Prisoner of Zenda” 1979 version with Peter Sellers DVD release date Nov. 15, 2011 Univeral Studios.

Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-02-28_11-08-46.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	365575

[ATTACH]n365576[/ATTACH]

fabcheck_internal.log

dvdfab_internal.log

Comment

1. Hi, please try PathPlayer. Please click the Menu button at the right top corner of the DVDFab screen, open "Common Settings" window, click on "DVD">"Pathplayer", disable it to convert the movie again.

Remember to set it as "Always Enable Pathplayer" when done.

2. You can also try a .passthrough profile to convert and see the result.

3. Please let us know the result, thanks.

Comment

Thank you for your response.

I tried your suggestion of disabling the PathPlayer, but I still get the same results. No matter what settings I try, the process always reach 18% and I get a message that the process has finished successfully. I get a 20 minute movie file every time. I have tried the passthrough also without success.

I do not have any issues ripping any other DVDs than this particular disc. I actually returned this disc and exchanged it for another one because I thought there was something wrong with it. The replacement disc yields the same results.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Comment

Hi, please load the disc into DVDFab, click on "i" to export the source info and send us the exported file, thanks. I sent a screenshot in the attachment in case you do not know where to find it.

Please use Copy option - Clone mode to 1:1 copy the disc onto your computer as a ISO file and see if the cloned ISO is complete, thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Please see the "I" export information below. Sorry, I only have licenses for the DVD and Bluray ripper and not DVD copy at this time.

Attached Files

Comment

You can use DVD Copy in trial mode if it has not already been used, please try it.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Please do as Signals suggests, thanks. Please use trial version of Copy option to produce a ISO file of the source disc and see if the ISO file length is correct.

Comment

I was able to get a trial copy version and successfully cloned the disc to an ISO file.

The ISO file will play the full 1:48:19 duration in the DVD Player 5.

I then tried to convert the ISO file into a passthrough MP4 file and it only captured 20 minutes again after completing successfully.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jcal65 View Post
                    I was able to get a trial copy version and successfully cloned the disc to an ISO file.

The ISO file will play the full 1:48:19 duration in the DVD Player 5.

I then tried to convert the ISO file into a passthrough MP4 file and it only captured 20 minutes again after completing successfully.

We will need the ISO file then. I sent you a PM, thanks.

Comment

Hi. I have also had this problem, I read the above steps, and other than capturing an ISO, I've tried the options.

It is interesting. My DVDFab v10 is working fine. The interesting thing is that I only purchased ripping, not conversion. In DVDFab 10, ripping does just that - decodes the VOB onto the disk. I can't seem to make that happen in 11. For a short time, I admit, the auto conversion to MP4 was nice. However, that's conversion! I didn't purchase that, but nor did I complain. Now though, conversion has a notice that it only does the first 20 minutes of files. So, if I drag a VOB onto Conversion, you get a warning. BUT, if I choose ripping, it ALWAYS does a conversion! If you look at the logs, it always says that. If you choose MP4, or VOB, or whatever - it always says it's doing a conversion. I can't make the ISO because that's copy, so it's not enabled. For instance, I first see this, which is interesting since at least the company knows I'm licensed (I can't find anything locally that indicates that, even in the registry):
                      2019.03.14-19:32:45: DVDCOPY HANDLE: init fail!
                      2019.03.14-19:32:45: DVDRIPPER HANDLE: init fail!
                      2019.03.14-19:32:45: BDCOPY HANDLE: init fail!
                      2019.03.14-19:32:45: BDRIPPER HANDLE: init fail!
                      2019.03.14-19:32:45: HiFi HANDLE: init fail!
                      2019.03.14-19:32:45: UHDCOPY HANDLE: init fail!
                      2019.03.14-19:32:45: UHDRIPPER HANDLE: init fail!

Don't know if that means anything, but then there's this:
                      UI manager: switch to Convert mode.

As I flip through the options in the menu, I can see the UI manager "switching" to task mode and such, but it always comes back to convert or converter mode. Not sure if that's affecting this or not. Then this (slightly abreviated):
                      type DVD-VIDEO
                      volume label SUMMERVILLA
                      OPList at DVD Converter: (480.2),(128.2)
                      ------------------ convert work begin(1/1) ------------------

No matter what option I choose, this is what I see in the logs, well, essentially. How do I get this OUT of Conversion mode so that it will use my DVD Ripper license appropriately? Unless someone wants to give me a converter one free... :P Is there a hidden switch somewhere?

Thanks

Comment

Hi, the problem has been fixed in the new version. Please download and install DVDFab 11.0.2.0 at http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm to re-convert and let us know the result, thanks.

Comment

I successfully converted the entire movie with version 11.0.2.0.

Thank you for your support!

Comment

Wow! It appears to be working again! I thank you and the company for your support!!

Comment

Working...
                            X