This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to figure out frame resolution of 2.35:1

Does anybody know how to figure out the frame resolution of a particular aspect ratio? Information in the post Best Practice: DVD to Mobile says that it's a good idea to input the closest frame resolution of the DVD you're trying to convert, but I'd much rather input the exact ratio because I think I'll get better results.

So if I had an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 Widescreen NTSC, what frame resolution would it translate into?

BTW: Would there be a way to get that information from the DVD?

If you turn on automatic cropping, DVDFab will present you with several size choices that have the correct aspect ratio. You can figure it by dividing the number of horizontal pixels by the (smaller) number of vertical pixels. For example, for my 480x270 Archos (1.78:1 native), the closest I could come would be 480/208 or 2.31:1 (which works fine). It's easier just to let DVDFab do the walking. A larger size with the same aspect ratio can be figured by taking the width that you want, say 704 and dividing it by the aspect ratio (704/2.35=299), the closest available size would be 704x304, which works out to 2.32:1.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X