Black Sheep (1996 - US)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Black Sheep (1996 - US)

This morning I tried to backup the copy of Black Sheep I've had since college. It's an older DVD. I noticed on the first RIP that in the resulting MKV file, the audio grew more out-of-sync with the video as the movie progressed. I know this usually means the framerate was incorrect.

I verified using VLC the frame rate of the source material and it's 29.97fps (attached screen shot).

I changed the fps in the DVD Ripper configuration from "Same As Source" (which was identified as 24fps) to 29.97fps. This did not correct the problem.

It looks like based on the attached DVDFab log, that it's decoding the source material incorrectly at 24fps, which results in an incorrect output no matter what I select for output fps.

If there's any more information I can provide to help address this issue like me know.

Cheers!
    Attached Files

Is this the Black Sheep from the TV series (Robert Conrad) or the horror movie?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

1996 Film (Comedy) with Chris Farley

Comment

Ah, got it. An over-used title for sure. R.I.P. Farley, too soon. I have this disc and will check it also.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Ah, got it. An over-used title for sure. R.I.P. Farley, too soon. I have this disc and will check it also.
          Thanks signals! Appreciate it

Comment

do you have the De-interlace option selected ??
            try that and see if the audio is in sync

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
              do you have the De-interlace option selected ??
              try that and see if the audio is in sync
              Tried this and it did not fix the problem. The video is still being decoded at the incorrect frame rate (24fps), which results in the audio being more and more out of sync further in the video.

Comment

I have tested this extensively using the original disc, here are the results:
                MP4+encode Audio to AAC=perfect sync
                MP4+Copy Audio=perfect sync
                MP4+encode audio+deinterlace=perfect sync
                MKV+Copy audio=bad sync error, >2 seconds
                MKV+encode audio to AAC=perfect sync

So, for now you can use the MP4 format with any settings for a perfect rip, or use MKV and encode the audio to AAC.
                I am sure it can be fixed, but until it is you have some alternatives. MP4 is more universally playable the MKV in any event.

Comment

Working...
                X