what should BR speed be???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what should BR speed be???

recently added dvd ripper, already had br ripper. dvd ripper runs at 150-225 fps, br ripper can only do 18 MAX usually 10-12. Ripping the average br takes about 4 hours, UGH. third gen i5 from 2012 with 16 gig ram.

It should be a little faster than that, maybe 50-60 fps, although an i5 with no GPU is not really a speed demon for processing BDs, they have much more data to move than a DVD. If you do have a GPU, try splitting the task between the CPU and the GPU, one for decoding, the other for encoding. You will have to uncheck the Lightning Shrink box to be able to split the tasks. These controls are on the AV Codec page in DVDFab Common Settings.

If you still have problems, attach the DVDFab internal log and the fabcheck log to a post.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes I have a GPU, a AMD Radeon R7 200. where can i find the DVDfab internal log and the fabcheck log to attach?

Comment

I checked "disreguard all GPU codecs" and the rip went to about 30 fps

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post
          Yes I have a GPU, a AMD Radeon R7 200. where can i find the DVDfab internal log and the fabcheck log to attach?
          The default location for DVDFab log file is:
          C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log
          You can also refer to the image attached to open the log folder.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	open log folder.png
Views:	147
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	373492

Comment

internal is too large to attach
            Attached Files

Comment

You can edit the log for just the session(s) you want using Notepad. Sounds like you need to flush the log file by deleting it. DVDFab will make a new one when you restart it, but extract the sessions you need to supply first (copy/paste into Notepad).
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X