Need Help! My Blu-Ray Ripper won't work now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Need Help! My Blu-Ray Ripper won't work now

I'm one that never updates to the latest software for awhile. I don't know why, but this morning I downloaded the latest version: 11.0.5.8

Installed it then shut the program and computer down and restarted.

Now when I open to start it, it reads my BR I want to rip, shows me about 3 lines of data that its getting ready to start..... then....... 0%....... the burner quits spinning goes quiet.
    And it sits at 0% for good.
    I've tried 4 times this morning with different Blu-Ray movies including one that I just ripped perfectly yesterday.
    Now, nothing is happening to Rip.

Can I reload old software? If so, where's the link? I guessed this version saved over my old version.
    Stupid me, when something is working I shouldn't have updated.

Hawkgirl

You might try a fresh download and re-install, but there is no need to use an older version. I am on a trip and only have one BD disc with me, but Ripper works perfectly. Please attach the DVDFab internal log session from your attempt. as outlined here: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I did just that last night. I totally wiped everything off my laptop including all the folders with CCleaner.
      I downloaded again and re-installed and it works perfectly again!
      YEAH!
      I don't know what I did to make it not work but I'm not going to poke around and risk it messing up again.
      Thank you for answering me and your help! :>)

Comment

I'm having the same problem trying to rip Blu-rays. I start the process then the progress stays at 0% (The time elapsed continues to count, but the time left stays at 00:00:00)

Eventually it does give me a message stating it was successful, but the output file is only 1K in size and unplayable.

I have uninstalled and re-installed DVDFAB but no successful rip. Any other ideas? This was working fine a few days ago.
        Last edited by dillon77; 11-15-2019, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dillon77 View Post
          I'm having the same problem trying to rip Blu-rays. I start the process then the progress stays at 0% (The time elapsed continues to count, but the time left stays at 00:00:00)

Eventually it does give me a message stating it was successful, but the output file is only 1K in size and unplayable.

I have uninstalled and re-installed DVDFAB but no successful rip. Any other ideas? This was working fine a few days ago.
          What is the movie you were trying to convert?
          Please also post the internal log session like Signals said on #2. Thanks.

Comment

Update: I disabled all GPU codecs for encoding and decoding (Common Settings>General>A/V Codecs) and it now works.

Why was using GPU codecs working before but now I need to disable them?

Comment

Update: I disabled all GPU codecs for encoding and decoding (Common Settings>General>A/V Codecs) and it now works.

try checking for a driver update for your computers graphics card and then
              re enable the GPU codecs and see if that works.

Comment

Thank you october. I upgraded to latest graphics card driver but still can't use GPU codecs. At least I'm running now as long as I disable the GPU codecs.

If anyone has recomendations/solution to this please post.

Comment

I started having the same problem again last night after another update. And it's only with completely full copying a Blu-Ray, it still works fine with a DVD.
                  I disabled what you posted and now it's working again.

Question? By disabling these, does it prevent DVDFab from doing something important?
                  Is it okay to just leave this disabled or do I need to change it back when doing DVD's?
                  In other words, I have no clue what this setting does. Please advise a not so smart Hawkgirl on how to proceed. :>)

Comment

Let me preface this with I am no expert here and I will defer to the community if they have better information on this topic..

Disabling the GPU codecs tells DVDFab to use software encoding/decoding rather than hardware encoding/decoding. The biggest drawback to software encoding/decoding is it typically performs slower than hardware encoding/decoding. Keep in mind that GPU Codecs only work if you have compatible hardware (i.e. graphics card) that supports the video codecs. Using GPU codecs to take advantage of hardware acceleration is preferred (at least by me) as it reduces encoding/decoding time in most cases.

You should not need to enable and disable the GPU Codecs on the fly: If the video codecs are supported by your graphics card (go to Common Settings>General>A/V Codecs and click on "Hardware Info" to see if your graphics card supports Video Codecs, and which ones) and encoding/decoding works, then leave it turned on. If your card does not support the video codecs (or in my case it does support the codecs, but using them hangs DVDFab) then leave it turned off.

Comment

For the not using GPU problem, we cannot know why that happened as there is no info of your hardware or relevant log files.
                      In this case, please update to the latest v11060 and try again, feedback with the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file for troubleshooting, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X