Can't rip Monty Python TV Series Bluray Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't rip Monty Python TV Series Bluray Release

Seeing very strange behaviour, DVDfab has no problem opening the disk and recognizing the episodes, but when I try to rip them DVDfab just sits there doing nothing. I've tried using the disk copy function to move the content to disk and remove encryption and I get a good copy of the disk, but I still can't rip the episodes. However, if I feed the individual episodes from the on-disk convert to to the convert component of DVDfab then I have no problems ripping the individual episodes. I've included the dvdfab_internal.log file for a session using the Ripper module up to the point at which I cancelled out because nothing was happening.

Note I've tried this on two different systems with identical results
    Attached Files

Nik, please provide a purchase link for this disc, it does not appear to be fully supported.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Comment

Hi Nik,
        This set finally arrived, it will be checked to reproduce the problem you reported. Please tell me if any specific disc or all of them exhibit this problem, also please try one of the problem ones with Fab v11.0.6.9 to see if it still happens.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Hi Nik,
          This set finally arrived, it will be checked to reproduce the problem you reported. Please tell me if any specific disc or all of them exhibit this problem, also please try one of the problem ones with Fab v11.0.6.9 to see if it still happens.
          I found the problem with the first disc, dropped back to disk copy then feeding the MTS files to converter after that so I didn't try the other discs.

Comment

Thanks, I will start there as well. That is a big box of discs!

Wish they would do The Doctor this way also.

Comment

I too am having an issue with the Monty Python Blu-ray set. DVDFAB does not recognize all of the episodes on the disc. Specifically disc 1, episode 7. It scans the file.... I can see it do that; but the episode/file does not show up in the list. I have tried rebooting my computer to no avail. I can play the episode with no problem in VLC. All the rest of the episodes show up fine.

Another issue (Not on the same title), DVDFAB will not recognize anything on the Bonus disc for Sex and The City. It reads the disc, but nothing at all populates in the window for files to rip. It's just blank, and the "Ready to Start" button is off. Turning it back on solves nothing. The list is still blank. The whole series ripped just fine. It's only the Bonus disc that fails to load correctly. I have also cleaned the discs in question, and they will play in VLC. Sorry.... I don't know how to upload the log files.

Comment

This is the Log files for my previous posts as best as I can figure this out.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                  This is the Log files for my previous posts as best as I can figure this out.
                  Please post the dvdfab_internal log file as well, thanks.

Comment

The file you requested is attached
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wrong log, it is the dvdfab Internal.log that is needed, please extract the Monty Python session from the log using Notepad and attach it to a post.

Comment

Working...
                      X