Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible subtitle when not is suppose to be there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to drive me crazy trying to figure out what the heck is going on over here. As you can see in the pictures that I listed above you have an idea I would think that something is crazy. But what I have no idea. When I selected no subtitles not even the four subtitles and then I play the movie in the to software that I mentioned powerdvd 19 and VLC as you can see in the pictures it shows subtitle one under the off where you would turn the subtitles off if you had them on the actual file. I don't know why it says subtitle 1 on both those players and I have no clue on how to go about fixing that. When I play in the dvdfab media player itself all is good. So obviously there is something going on but what and where I have no clue. And for some reason dvdfab media player sees a chapters but the other two pieces of software do not. Because when I hit next to check the next chapter it starts the movie all over again as if there is no chapters there. It's always the MP4 is that I'm having an issue with. The MKV files that I create with dvdfab we're perfectly fine on all software.

Comment

It is a puzzle, for sure. When I get one of the discs you had we will know more.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

UPDATE:
        I have been able finally to duplicate this problem, which I tested with VLC and the Dora movie disc converted to MP4 in BD Ripper. It can be avoided by using Direct Render to video with MP4 output and selecting the main English sub stream (and Display Only forced if desired). I have not tested all possible permutations of settings, but it almost always appears (the chapter numbers) when the Remux Into File option is chosen.The question of whether this behavior can be changed will be up to the developers.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thanks for looking into this , i was beginning to think i was nutz hehehe

which for me my luck been going that ways for a while now hehe

Comment

I just took the DVD of the movie Righteous Kill which is a region 1 movie. Ripped it to MP4 with subtitles included. The end result the movie came out but there were no subtitles added to the MP4. There is definitely something going on with dvdfab something with that module. Because when I do it to rip to MKV everything works fine. If it works for the MKV Rip but not for the MP4 then it has to be the module for the MP4. That's the only thing that seems to come to mine.

Comment

Now when I loaded the MP4 into media info it shows video file as well as audio file but does not show subtitles. When I play it through VLC player under subtitle it shows disabled and track one. When you select track 1 it shows chapter 1 in the display. When you click on disabled in VLC player it shows the subtitles. This is really strange.

Comment

I can only suggest again to use Direct Render or possibly disable preserve chapters for now. Direct Render with Display only forced exactly duplicates the way it looked in theaters.

Comment

Working...
                X