Stopped working (Bad Gateway?) for BD, DVD OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Stopped working (Bad Gateway?) for BD, DVD OK

Hi experts please help! BD Ripper in DVDFab 11 stopped working for me recently. Logs attached. I saw a "Bad Gateway" error but not sure if that's the culprit or not. It used to work fine, and DVD ripper still works. Same problem for both 32 and 64-bit. There were two changes recently on the PC, Win7 to Win10 upgrade and the upgrade to 11.0.6.6. Checked Windows Firewall setting and DVDFab is being allowed to access network from both private and public networks.

Any other ideas? Any hint is appreciated!
    Attached Files

Somehow the log file was corrupted. Attaching again...
    Attached Files

Comment

This is almost always a false positive response from security software, including Windows Defender or Firewall. I have turned both of them off when connected to my home network and let Malwarebytes take care of the rest. Please attach the DVDFab internal log session. Also; try the same disc in Copy -> Main Movie mode and see if it works.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thank you for your response! I disabled Windows Defender Firewall altogether and it still failed. Checking the firewall rules, I saw DVDFab actually installed both inbound and outbound "permit any any TCP/UDP" rules, so it should be free to access or accept any connections. This is strange.

Switched to Copy -> Main Movie mode, it proceeded to 2% and failed too. Please see the dvdfab_internal logs for both tries. In both cases, the BD drive didn't have any activities for about 30 min, then the GUI showed "Status" as "Failed".

Appreciate your help!
        Attached Files

Comment

I don’t see any server connection errors in the log and Fab says it was copying the source until it failed with an error code I do not recognize. One of the developers will need to look at it. Sorry for the inconvenience. I will send them a link to your thread.

in the meantime you might try the v11.0.6.7 Beta version to see if the result is different. Try Main Movie in Copy mode first and if it fails, use the Feedback button under the Settings dropdown to submit the log directly, which will generate a Log ID number that you should post in this thread.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I upgraded to v11.0..6.7 beta and started a fresh Main Movie Copy mode, which still failed with the same symptom and error code. Submitted a case thru Feedback and the ID was 6817898. The same log is attached here too.

Thanks!

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the feedback lakecrater, sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Did the 7 to 10 upgrade require you to reinstall Fab? Was it an upgrade or a fresh install? If it was an upgrade that may have screwed something up. I'm still using 7 with 1066 and it works OK. You may try a clean install of Fab if the upgrade didn't do it or even if it did.

Edit: I saw upgrade but thought update which makes most of what I said irrelevant.
                Last edited by Diaboyos; 01-13-2020, 03:11 AM.

Comment

It was an update to 1066 on Win7 first. The previous Fab version worked including BD ripper, but I'm not sure if 1066 worked for BD ripper at that time as I didn't rip a BD disc. From the log history DVD ripper worked.

Then I did a Win7 to Win10 Enterprise upgrade. No error related to Fab during the upgrade. After that I found 1066 BD ripper was not working. Since then I have uninstalled Fab and re-installed it once as part of the troubleshooting.

But I didn't go to the extent to clean up the registry etc. during uninstall, only ran the Fab uninstall tool. Is there an instruction for a "super clean" uninstall? I can try that again.

Thank you!

Comment

But I didn't go to the extent to clean up the registry etc. during uninstall, only ran the Fab uninstall tool. Is there an instruction for a "super clean" uninstall? I can try that again.
                    You can use CCleaner to help with the uninstall, and then download a fresh DVDFab, install and run it as administrator to see the result.

Comment

Definitely try CCleaner. Let us know if it worked. If you're not sure how to use CCleaner here's simple instructions for v5.63.7540.

1. Open CCleaner
                      2. Click "Custom Clean" on the left column.
                      3. Don't check anything that isn't already checked. Click Run Cleaner.
                      4. When that's done click "Registry" on the left column.
                      5. Click "Scan for Issues" then "Fix Selected Issues" assuring everything is checked.
                      6. When it prompts to save a backup of the registry you can click yes or no. It's up to you.

Comment

Thanks guys for the help and apologies for the delay - had to go on a business trip for 10 days... Right before the trip I ended up with a fresh installation of the PC and Win10. Of course Fab is back working on this fresh PC. Will try CCleaner when I get the weird problem next time (hopefully not...) I'm a Mac guy, so appreciate all the hints here...

Comment

Working...
                        X