No announcement yet.

Popup Windows no longer show on-screen after DVDFab is idle and open overnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Popup Windows no longer show on-screen after DVDFab is idle and open overnight

For the past couple of versions, I've noticed that if I leave DVDFab open overnight on my pc, because it's ripping a UHD disc or a bluray, when I wake up and come back to my pc, no popup window will work correctly. For instance, if I click on the Play button to watch the movie, my taskbar will show a new window and I'll hear the audio playing, but I can't see the popup window.
    If I click on the Menu settings button I'll, again, see a new window opened according to my taskbar, but I can not see the new window on my pc. I can click on the new window on my taskbar, but will never see the window.
    Everything else on my pc works fine. So it's not my pc.
    To get DVDFab to start working properly again, all I need to do is force close the program and restart it.
    So there's something going on with the program when it's open and idle for hours.

I hope someone could look into this and fix it.
    I'm attaching logs from the most recent time I encountered this issue.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

We're up to version 11.0.7.6 and this is still an issue.
    Is anyone working on fixing this bug?

Comment

Mona, I have replied to your message.
      Here are the logs from when the problem happened again.
      I ripped The Lighthouse the day before, left DVDFab running all night, doing nothing.
      Came back to windows 10 pc the next morning and tried to rip The Peanut Butter Falcon, which isn't possible yet, so I then put in Dark Waters which loaded fine, then hit the play preview button and I see a new preview window tab appear on my taskbar, but the window isn't on my screen. I can hear the movie playing in the background, but I can't see the movie. Then DVDFab crashes.

Hopefully you have enough info to solve this problem. I know the preview system is very temperamental. It crashes all the time, but this is a feature that I use all the time to verify I'm choosing the correct subtitles are being ripped. So it would be great if it didn't crash and actually appeared on my screen.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi FQs19, I got the information, our QA team will try to reproduce it, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by FQs19 View Post
          For the past couple of versions, I've noticed that if I leave DVDFab open overnight on my pc, because it's ripping a UHD disc or a bluray, when I wake up and come back to my pc, no popup window will work correctly. For instance, if I click on the Play button to watch the movie, my taskbar will show a new window and I'll hear the audio playing, but I can't see the popup window.
          If I click on the Menu settings button I'll, again, see a new window opened according to my taskbar, but I can not see the new window on my pc. I can click on the new window on my taskbar, but will never see the window.
          Everything else on my pc works fine. So it's not my pc.
          To get DVDFab to start working properly again, all I need to do is force close the program and restart it.
          So there's something going on with the program when it's open and idle for hours.

I hope someone could look into this and fix it.
          I'm attaching logs from the most recent time I encountered this issue.
          Thanks
          We could not reproduce the issue. Not sure if it's something to do with antivirus software, so please double-check and make sure DVDFab is in the whitelist/trust list of your antivirus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

We could not reproduce the issue. Not sure if it's something to do with antivirus software, so please double-check and make sure DVDFab is in the whitelist/trust list of your antivirus.
            I will verify that my antivirus software has DVDFab whitelisted. I don't have any third party virus software. Just using what comes with Windows 10.

If I still have the same problem, I'll respond here.

Thanks Mona.

Comment

Win 10 does unpredictable things with no advance notice when your pc is idle, including updates, reboots and sleep mode, all of which can have strange effects when you come back to a running application. You can avoid this by telling DVDFab to close itself when the task list is finished.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Win 10 does unpredictable things with no advance notice when your pc is idle, including updates, reboots and sleep mode, all of which can have strange effects when you come back to a running application. You can avoid this by telling DVDFab to close itself when the task list is finished.
                I completely forgot I could have it shut itself off after completing a task.

Thanks for the reminder signals.

Comment

You are welcome, hope it works, never tried it this way.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                  X