4x3 Cropping logic is just broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 4x3 Cropping logic is just broken

I've raised this before, but so far nothing seems to be done about it. I'm in the process of ripping the Bluray of a 1970s Dr. Who series which was shot in 4:3 aspect ratio, so the output should always be ~1080x1440, but iof four episodes on the same disk, Ripper gets 50% right, the other episodes aren't cropped. If you can't fix the logic, how about giving us an option to tell the Ripper that the content is 4x3 not 16x19

Are these the relatively recent BDs that have the nice 4-color portraits of the respective Doctors on the front? They are hellish expensive on amz. I also wonder given the age of the source material if some of this may not be the authoring. Have you noticed the 4:3 problem on anything else?

Please tell me which specific disc does this. I have ordered the Pertwee S7 set for myself.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Are these the relatively recent BDs that have the nice 4-color portraits of the respective Doctors on the front? They are hellish expensive on amz. I also wonder given the age of the source material if some of this may not be the authoring. Have you noticed the 4:3 problem on anything else?

Please tell me which specific disc does this. I have ordered the Pertwee S7 set for myself.
      Yes, I've seen this on a lot of recently isued BLuray versions of 70s and 80s TV, examples include the Monty Python set that I've been having trouble with. the recent release of Tinker,Tailor, Soldier, Spy. In fact pretty much any 4:3 format TV stuff produces inconsistent results, some episodes will get cropped, so will not, even on episodes from teh same disk.

Comment

That’s very strange. I will try some of the Pertwee disc when it arrives.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          That’s very strange. I will try some of the Pertwee disc when it arrives.
          Great, that's the set I was trying to rip at the weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X