Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu-ray Ripper FLAC Discrepancy (Split By Chapter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Ripper FLAC Discrepancy (Split By Chapter)

Hi.

I have a problem with ripping to FLAC chapters from music / concert blu-rays.

Everything works BUT the chapter timing is increased by one second on each resulting FLAC file.

What this means is that listening to the tracks you end up hearing the first second on the next track at the end of the current track!

However, when using MKV Passthrough the chapter timing is correct so I know the authoring of the actual discs is accurate.

Examples below:

02:42 MKV
    02:43 FLAC

04:53 MKV
    04:54 FLAC

03:39 MKV
    03:40 FLAC

Hopefully this is easy to fix?

Thanks.
    Last edited by BOOTP; 01-26-2020, 12:00 PM.

I’ll try to duplicate the problem, sorry for the inconvenience. Happens for more than one concert/disc?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      I’ll try to duplicate the problem, sorry for the inconvenience. Happens for more than one concert/disc?
      Yes, that is correct I have tried several discs.

If I extract the MKV via Passthrough, I can successfully extract the WAV for the PCM audio and this is the correct length - so it seems to be a problem with the conversions as I tried another format (other than FLAC) and the same problem happened.

EDIT: Sorry, I also discovered I have a duplicate thread at the link below - please delete if possible.

Last edited by BOOTP; 01-28-2020, 11:07 PM.

Comment

I will take care of the other thread, no problem. The developers are off for the China Spring Festival holiday,so there may be a delay even if I can duplicate the problem, sorry.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

So I thought I had got around this issue by using MKV Passthrough and then extracting the audio as a WAV but even as an MKV there is still an issue.

I thought MKV Passthrough would provide a lossless MKV of each chapter but on some I get a terrible buzz right at the start (see attachment from Audacity).

So ripping straight to an audio format in DVDFab causing an extra second at the end of the track and the above method causes a buzz at the beginning.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by BOOTP; 02-08-2020, 01:21 AM.

Comment

I can duplicate the extra second in the time, will pass to the devs. Please clarify if you are using one of the audio only profiles for this task.

Comment

So the extra second happens when I use FLAC or WAV audio profiles.

For the buzzing, the profile is the MKV Passthrough profile. The problem happens on around 25% of the chapters that are ripped.

The original disc has none of these issues and is in perfect condition.

Comment

Working...
              X