No announcement yet.

Does this speed seem right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Does this speed seem right?

I never see the gauge go over 10%, so I figure I'd ask because I saw one guy showed a pic of his machine much higher. I have a GTX1080 TI and a i7 7740X, 32gb ram and NVMe drive. I use h264 1920 2 pass @.5 bits/pixel and copy audio. 8 cores are selected, and I use Cuda for all and enable both lightnings settings.

Is it normal to only see like 7-8% on the gauge? I see about 140fps during BD encoding. In task manager, my aggregated CPU usage is only like 30% and my GPU is about the same - seems like that should be pinned?! My drive is a WH16NS40 (https://www.lg.com/us/burners-drives...-ray-dvd-drive).
    Last edited by Sub; 01-29-2020, 06:36 AM.

It depends on your settings and configuration. You will get much better speed if you:
    • Convert from a source on a HDD or ssd
    • read and write to different drives
    • when possible read/write different controllers, e.g. sata to usb 3.x
    The bottleneck is usually the optical drive. My laptop when set up per the above converts Blu-ray to mp4 at 5-600 fps.

I also suggest trying turning the b/p down to about half what you are using and see if you can really see a difference. You have good hardware that is capable of fine speeds.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

(I use Cuda for all and enable both lightnings settings.)

Turn off lightning recording it's a older slower software setting.Lightning shrink will work with cuda when doing some jobs.

Comment

To clarify:
        Lightning Recoding was added back when many had no CUDA capability and is designed to speed up compression in blu-ray Copy only using the Software settings. It still works fine but not for anything except h264 content (no mpeg-2 or vc-1 discs). Probably not needed with a modern GPU.

Lightning Shrink works in Copy and Ripper with CUDA to increase speed. It too was designed in the early days of GPUs and may not show a significant speed increase with today’’s high end CUDA cards but you should try it on your system to see the result.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thanks guys. ya I guess I'm limited to optical speeds.

Comment

Working...
          X