AMD APP encoding incorrect aspect ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD APP encoding incorrect aspect ratio

Hi, I have a mkv file with 1920x800 H.264 and i´m trying to convert to 1920x1080 (the same aspect ratio but with black bars) h.265.

The problem when using dvdfab converter changing the resolution to 1920x1080:

1-Using AMD APP: the new video file is 1920x1080 but with incorrect proportion because no black bars added and the image takes up the entire screen.

2-Using CPU: the new video file is 1920x1080 with black bars and correct proportion.

So it seems that there is a problem with AMD APP, because i´m unable to add black bars unlike using CPU (which is too slow converting to H.265)

My GPU is a Radeon RX5700. Thanks for your attention

What is your playback device? This is in the wrong forum, I will move it to the Ripper forum.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      What is your playback device? This is in the wrong forum, I will move it to the Ripper forum.
      Ey! What happen with you? not only not helping, but also moving to an incorrect forum. If you read a little it is a mkv to mkv, so move to the converter forum at least.

Also, why do you ask for my playback device? it´s irrelevant. I want to convert 1920x800 to 1920x1080 adding black bars. Converting by software do it correctly but not with AMD app.

Also the other day I opened a thread "Force close after video edit options" and I felt in the same situation. The problem is still there and you don´t help.

Comment

Originally posted by jlmcr87 View Post
        Hi, I have a mkv file with 1920x800 H.264 and i´m trying to convert to 1920x1080 (the same aspect ratio but with black bars) h.265.

The problem when using dvdfab converter changing the resolution to 1920x1080:

1-Using AMD APP: the new video file is 1920x1080 but with incorrect proportion because no black bars added and the image takes up the entire screen.

2-Using CPU: the new video file is 1920x1080 with black bars and correct proportion.

So it seems that there is a problem with AMD APP, because i´m unable to add black bars unlike using CPU (which is too slow converting to H.265)

My GPU is a Radeon RX5700. Thanks for your attention
        Hi, we need your dvdfab_internal log file and fabcheck_internal log file to help diagnose the problem you reported, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Hi, we need your dvdfab_internal log file and fabcheck_internal log file to help diagnose the problem you reported, thanks.
          Ok i will PM you

Comment

Working...
          X