Retail Bluray to MKV Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retail Bluray to MKV Query

Hello and thank you in advance to anyone who can clear up my following queries
    As we are going thru hard time at the moment with Covid i have decided to make my own internal streaming setup
    I am basically ripping all my retails to MKV using the High Quality setting and AC3 Audio and Subtitles
    My first query is on some retails there are many subtitles as disk may have commentary so for example if there were 3 English subs how would i know which is for the film? is there any particular setting that just shows subs for movie or something?
    My next query is something that relates to many i have done and that is overall bitrate?
    My subs setting in Advanced Settings is: Mode: Remux Into File/ SRT Subtitle
    The out video is x 2 ( 1 video is the name i created and the 2nd is the name i created _tmp)(Im guessing something to do with remuxing subs maybe)?
    Once the video completes it shows me when highlighted Bitrate and Overall Bitrate like in the attached file. The actual video bitrate in settings was 5635 on High Quality but overall bitrate is 12354 but i have no idea why? Could someone please explain as this is new to me
    Thank you so much for any input

I HOPE I HAVE EXPLAINED MY SITUATION WITHOUT TO MUCH CONFUSUION LOL

Terry

Click image for larger version  Name:	Output.jpg Views:	0 Size:	85.8 KB ID:	380422

Most of the subs files are fairly small and do not contribute too much to the overall size or bitrate except on international version discs like the one you captured, where the size can be significant. To correctly choose only those that you want, you can play the original disc in a player like PowerDVD or DVDFab Player 6. It is also possible to analyze the disc with the free BDInfo tool, which has additional information.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Most of the subs files are fairly small and do not contribute too much to the overall size or bitrate except on international version discs like the one you captured, where the size can be significant. To correctly choose only those that you want, you can play the original disc in a player like PowerDVD or DVDFab Player 6. It is also possible to analyze the disc with the free BDInfo tool, which has additional information.
      Where does the actual Total bitrate 12354 come from if video is only 5537 and audio is 640? This is where i am confused
      The Shawshank Redemption.mkv i made is only 7415 video and 640 audio with 1 subtitle file and that has a total value of 16110 kbps
      Im just unsure why? Am i doing my MKV rips incorrectly?
      All help is appreciated
      Terry

Comment

The 16110 kbps is a rate, not a size. Analyze the output file using the free MediaInfo tool (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows) for a detailed report. If it still does not seem right with MediaInfo, select the text file output and attach it to a post.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          The 16110 kbps is a rate, not a size. Analyze the output file using the free MediaInfo tool (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows) for a detailed report. If it still does not seem right with MediaInfo, select the text file output and attach it to a post.
          Thank you sir that was all i needed to know
          I appreciate your time in replying
          Terry

Comment

Hello
            Is it possible to get more Widgets and Templates for Dvd/Blu-Ray Menus?
            Can i locate some and add to the collections DvdFab supplies? If so where would i put them?
            Can preset widgets actually be removed totally or set to go behind if you add your own backgrounds?
            Also any reason when making Dvd menu you cannot preview it the same as you can when making Blu-Ray menu?
            Kind regards
            Terry
            Last edited by Fredan; 04-11-2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X