Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Not Recognising all cpu cores

Hi

I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 9 3900X processor and have noticed it is not using all cores when ripping Blurays.

I checked the settings and set it to use all 24 cores, but when it starts processing it is only using 12 cores. It previously had no problems using the 16 cores of my 1700X processor.

Anyone else with this processor or the 3950X having this problem?
    Attached Files

Andy, please submit or attach a DVDFab internal log session made using the new CPU. http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showpost.php?...40&postcount=5
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Signals, as requested, log attached
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andygoodall9841 View Post
        Hi Signals, as requested, log attached
        try clicking common settings - general settings - click the factory default settings button in the lower
        left corner of the general settings area, restart dvdfab and see if it will now use all the CPU cores.

Comment

Hi October. I tried clicking the factory default settings, it made no difference. I then completely uninstalled DVDFab, downloaded the latest version from your website, and it still only uses half the cores
          Attached Files

Comment

Any update on this? I have tired a few different blurays, and choosing different number of cores. Is there only me having this problem? No other 3900x or 3950x users out there to confirm?

Comment

Still a problem for me. How can I use all the cores?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andygoodall9841 View Post
                Still a problem for me. How can I use all the cores?
                try this method in post #4 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...not-functional

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                  Thanks for the post october. I checked my settings and all cores are selected. Its strange as it probably does it 80% of the time.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X