No announcement yet.

The Matrix Steelbook (old release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) The Matrix Steelbook (old release)

This is a link to the copy of the the matrix i have https://www.amazon.ca/Matrix-Limited.../dp/B004JTGXE0

So I use DVD FAB and make a decrypted folder rip of the ENTIRE movie. Works perfectly like always.

This is where it gets strange.

I go to use the ripper software to encode an x265 I choose the lossless audio TrueHD Dolby which is track #2, and then it chooses English subtitles. I preview the movie and it looks good except the subtitles in the preview are some sort of Japanese I think... I play around and choose French next and it shows English in the DVDFab preview...

Strange glitch I think as I have never seen this happen but no worries...

I start the encode and come back 15 min later and look at it. The subtitles are not English but rather french, and the audio is WAY out of sync. I have used DVDFab Riper to encode well over 200 rips and HAVE NEVER had these bugs.

I then tried a competitors software that has a Beaver for their icon. The subtitles were labeled properly. And i was able to make a perfectly in sync x265 mkv from the dvd fab decrypted source folder.

It worked perfectly.

So what gives? I always prefer DVDFab ripper because it auto crops so dang well!

How do I help and get this fixed.

Regards

Step 1 in a solution is to always attach/report the DVDFab internal log session for the problem disc, which will also tell us the version of DVDFab you are using. This happened once before in an earlier version of Fab, wherein the displayed and selected subs got out of sync but I have not seen it reported recently. If you have not tried this with the new version of Fab releases today, please do that and share the results.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am using the latest up to date version. I will try again this minute to use ripper to encode the source. Sorry for my ignorance but where is the log file I should include? Thank you kindly.

Comment

Oops found the logs one sec, so this rip i left the subtitles selected as English and even though it appeared wrong in the preview, it is fine in the final product. However the AUDIO is WAY OUT of sync.
        Attached Files

Comment

About the audio sync issue, you may try to disable GPU to convert again and see the result.

About the preview subtitle issue, we will try to reproduce it first.

Comment

I'll try what you are suggesting of disabling the GPU acceleration. However I have NEVER had it disabled before and ripped lossless TrueHD tracks before.

Also the competitors program I used with the Beaver Icon, also using the DVDFab Decrypted source, used GPU acceleration and it ripped PERFECTLY. I will try what you say but I hope that isn't the solution for my problems.

Regards

Comment

After 8 hours encoding without GPU acceleration the encode WAS perfect. Synced just fine... but that doesn't explain why it happened, and why your competitor is able to use GPU acceleration on the same source and have it work perfectly too.

20 min vs 8hrs for encode time is a huge difference.

Anything I can do to help diagnose this problem please let me know.

Using an Nvidia GTX 1060 on 445.87

Comment

Originally posted by DVDFABFanatic View Post
                After 8 hours encoding without GPU acceleration the encode WAS perfect. Synced just fine... but that doesn't explain why it happened, and why your competitor is able to use GPU acceleration on the same source and have it work perfectly too.

20 min vs 8hrs for encode time is a huge difference.

Anything I can do to help diagnose this problem please let me know.

Using an Nvidia GTX 1060 on 445.87
                Thank you for the update, we reproduce the sync issue as well as the subtitle preview issue, sorry for the trouble. Our developer will look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Thank you for the update, we reproduce the sync issue as well as the subtitle preview issue, sorry for the trouble. Our developer will look into it.
                  Excellent to hear! Glad it wasn't just me. I eagerly await when this is fixed. And THANK YOU!!! For the excellent customer service! LOVE DVDFab!

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Mona, has this bug been fixed yet? Just curious. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by DVDFABFanatic View Post

Mona, has this bug been fixed yet? Just curious. Thank you.
                      Sorry, it is not fixed yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X