X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Ripping a particular title

Hi,

I just purchased DVD Ripper yesterday and had been having no problems until now. There is a particular DVD I first cloned to ISO using DVDCopy. But when I attempt to Rip a particular title to MKV (passthrough) it hangs where the rip speed constantly decreases to practically zero. The same thing happens if I attempt to rip directly from the DVD. Now this same title plays fine when I open the ISO in VLC Media Player and I got no errors whatsoever when cloning the DVD to ISO.

Anyone have some ideas what could be wrong.

Thank you.

captnvideo

If you can find the DVDFab internal log sessions for the iso you made, attach that to a post and also include the log that shows the failed rip. If you still have the original disc, use DVD Copy-.>Main Movie to make a folder rather than an iso and use that as a Source for Ripper. The dropping speed means the process has failed possibly due to a read error.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks, Signals, for your reply.

I found a log file named dvdfab_internal.log which is cumulative. It starts way back on 2020.08.11 and ends today. It should include everything but is too large for me to attach here. If there is any other log file I should be on the lookout for, please let me know the name and path.

In the meanwhile, I will try your suggestion to create a folder using DVD Copy Main Movie and attempt to rip from there. Note that the title I am having problems with plays fine from the ISO via VLC Media Player and DVD itself plays fine in my OPPO.

captnvideo

Comment

Signals, the system would not let me edit my previous reply. I wanted to let you know that because I thought this post was not approved, that I created a newer one which is about the same problem: Chaplin at Keystone Disc 4. Please refer to that post for any additional info which might be helpful.

captnvideo

Comment

I used DVDFab>Copy>Main Move to create a folder for the title in question. The folder was created successfully. I then loaded the folder into VLC Media player and it played fine. But again, when I attempted to use DVDFab Ripper to create the MKV (passthrough) file, it would not rip. The ripping speed quickly dropped to zero. This is the only DVD giving me problems and I must have ripped over a dozen in the two days since I purchased the license. There must be something strange about the way the DVD was authored. There is a section of silence at the beginning of each title where some background info is given. I think I will just have to forget about it and write it off as a fluke. No reflection on your excellent product.

Comment

Lets close this post. I gave much more detail and am getting excellent support in my post on Chaplin at Keystone Disc 4 which is the source of this problem. Thank youl

Comment

Working...
            X