Chaplin at Keystone Disc 4 - Problem ripping two titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Chaplin at Keystone Disc 4 - Problem ripping two titles

Chaplin at Keystone Disc 4 loads and scans without any errors. If I Clone it to ISO, all titles play perfectly in VLC Media Player.

Even though the Ripper checks the titles and does not report any errors, here is what happens with Title 2 and Title 4:

Title 2: Rips ok but on playback audio begins too soon, so there is silence near the end of the title.

Title 4: Will not rip at all. Stays at 0%.

I have ripped quite a few other DVDs since purchasing the DVDFab Ripper license and have had no problems.

Note that I ripped all titles from Chaplin at Keystone Discs 1, 2 and 3 with no problems.

I am perplexed about Disc 4 having a problem with these two titles.

Anyone have an idea or should I just write this off as a fluke and do without ripping the two titles?

Thank you.

No, you should attach the logs for Disc 4, it may have different protection that the developers need to check.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      No, you should attach the logs for Disc 4, it may have different protection that the developers need to check.
      The log file is cumulative and huge. Unable to upload it as is. Should I delete it and start over?

Comment

Use Notepad to open the file, copy and paste the log session to a new pure text document (not Word doc) and attach the new .txt file to the post using the instruction provided in your other thread. You can then flush the log by deleting it, DVDFab will make a new one the next time you open it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Use Notepad to open the file, copy and paste the log session to a new pure text document (not Word doc) and attach the new .txt file to the post using the instruction provided in your other thread. You can then flush the log by deleting it, DVDFab will make a new one the next time you open it.
          I decided to start the entire process over from the beginning. I deleted the log file and used DVDCopy > Clone to create the ISO. It only took 14:45 minutes. Then I immediately went to the Ripper, loaded the ISO, selected the problem Title (Title 4) and attempted to rip to MKV. It will not rip. After two minutes, it showed .10 MB/s and 0% completed. I cancelled the job and exited from DVDFab. Attached is the log. Hope this dvdfab_internal.log helps. Thank you so much for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by captnvideo View Post

I decided to start the entire process over from the beginning. I deleted the log file and used DVDCopy > Clone to create the ISO. It only took 14:45 minutes. Then I immediately went to the Ripper, loaded the ISO, selected the problem Title (Title 4) and attempted to rip to MKV. It will not rip. After two minutes, it showed .10 MB/s and 0% completed. I cancelled the job and exited from DVDFab. Attached is the log. Hope this [ATTACH]n385588[/ATTACH] helps. Thank you so much for your support.
            Sorry I did not exit DVDFab. Here is the complete log file. Please ignore the previous one. The only error I see is > error curl get: Failure when receiving data from the peer.

dvdfab_internal.log

Comment

It also shows an error in the mkv creation process. The devs will check it. In the meantime, I suggest the following:
              1) Start DVDFab and disable dvd cloud decryption in Settings
              2) Use DVD Customize mode to copy only the episode you are having a problem with and write it to a folder not an iso. See if it plays with Fab Player 6 or VLC. If it plays, do 3).
              3) Try that as a Source for Ripper. If it fails in Passthrough, try one of the re-encode modes.

Comment

Hi Signals,

I did everything you suggested.

The only mode I was able to rip to was VOB.Passthrough. MKV and MP4 did not work. But when I attempted to play the VOB file in my OPPO UDP-203, it said "audio format is not supported". So I got video with no sound. This is no good.

It did play perfectly with sound in VLC Media Player.

So the bottom line is that the title I am have a problem with only rips to VOB. But for some reason, the OPPO was unable to process the audio even though it is AC-3.

The way to go for me has to be MKV.Passthrough or MKV with "Copy Video" and "Copy Audio" checked in preferences.

I am patient and will wait until you can come up with some answer or further suggestion for me to try.

Thank you so much for your support.

captnvideo

Comment

Here is the current log after creating the VOB.

dvdfab_internal.log

Comment

Here is the current log after creating the VOB.

[ATTACH]n385605[/ATTACH]
                    go back into common settings and click - dvd - dvd protection - uncheck cloud decryption service
                    and then in common settings - dvd - pathplayer - disable pathplayer - restart dvdfab and retry the disc again.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

go back into common settings and click - dvd - dvd protection - uncheck cloud decryption service
                      and then in common settings - dvd - pathplayer - disable pathplayer - restart dvdfab and retry the disc again.
                      Cloud decryption service unchecked

pathplayer disabled

Tried again. This time I was able to rip the problem title to MP4.Passthrough. BUT the video throughout was choppy, not smooth. I noticed this with some other rips to MP4 and that is why I stuck with MKV. MP4.Theater did not work.

Thanks for the suggestion but no dice.

I'll be patient.

captnvideo

dvdfab_internal.log

Comment

Cloud decryption service unchecked

pathplayer disabled

Tried again. This time I was able to rip the problem title to MP4.Passthrough. BUT the video throughout was choppy, not smooth. I noticed this with some other rips to MP4 and that is why I stuck with MKV. MP4.Theater did not work.

Thanks for the suggestion but no dice.

I'll be patient.

captnvideo

[ATTACH]n385610[/ATTACH]
                        with pathplayer & cloud decryption still disabled, go back into common settings - AV Codec - switch everything to software
                        restart dvdfab and retry the disc again.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

with pathplayer & cloud decryption still disabled, go back into common settings - AV Codec - switch everything to software
                          restart dvdfab and retry the disc again.
                          Thank you but same thing. Only was able to rip to MP4.Passthrough and the video was still choppy.

Will remain very patient. Thanks for the suggestion.

captnvideo

dvdfab_internal.log

Comment

Hi captnvideo, please kindly send this CHAPLIN_AT_KEYSTONE_DISC_4.iso to us to help check out the issue? I will send you PM with our FTP info so that you can upload the file there, thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                              Hi captnvideo, please kindly send this CHAPLIN_AT_KEYSTONE_DISC_4.iso to us to help check out the issue? I will send you PM with our FTP info so that you can upload the file there, thanks in advance.
                              Thank you very much, Mona. The upload is in progress and the file name is exactly what you stated: CHAPLIN_AT_KEYSTONE_DISC_4.iso. Please be on the lookout for this file in about 90 minutes from now.

Comment

Working...
                              X