Transparent subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Transparent subtitles

I using the latest DVDFab 11 on Windows 10. Trial mode.
    I'm testing by ripping a episode from my Lewis box set. I'm ripping to MKV with the vobsub subtitles remuxed into the MKV file, as I want to be able to switch the subs on or off.
    I can't fault the quality of the rip, including DVDFab finding the episode title etc., however the subtitles end up being transparent with a wide black border.
    They aren't like that when playing the DVD with VLC and when doing the same rip with Handbrake i get correctly formatted subtitles, white with a narrow black border.
    Another DVD I tried worked fine so the problem seems to be with the Lewis disks.
    Any suggestions?

Another user reported this with a different disc, but apparently it only happens rarely. Which season and disc number was the Source and was it a euro / UK or USA version?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It's UK region 2. The box set title is "Lewis - The Complete Series 1-9". UPC code is 5037115369338.
      I just picked out one of the disks to try. It was series 6 disk1.
      Incidently, I've just updated to DVDFab 12 and the problem is still there.

Comment

Sorry for the problem, the developers may need some additional information, so monitor this thread and your registered email address.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X