Struggling with Two Discs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struggling with Two Discs...

I’ve backed up dozens of discs but I’m struggling with two particular Blu-ray titles. I’ve verified that the disks are clean and scratch free, plus I have rebooted my computer as I know from past experience that Windows updates sometimes need this for DVDFab to work.
    The first title is ‘The Lobster’ region B (Volume=SELPH002B). This always hangs at the 2% mark. Believe it or not I have two copies of this disk and they both fail at the same point!
    The second titles is the TV series ‘In The Name Of The Rose’ (2019) Region B (Volume=DAZB0626). All episodes hang at the 4% mark regardless of which disc or episode I select for ripping. Of the 4% that does rip, the audio sounds like static noise.
    Internal log file attached which should cover both titles.
    Attached Files

Does DVDFab provide any error message on the screen? Sounds like they have protection that is not supported. You may need to supply some files copied from the discs to the developers. They will contact you here or by email if this is necessary.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for you reply. There are no errors displayed on screen. The time since the rip was started keeps increasing as expected and there are no signs of the program crashing.

Comment

Please disable all GPU or Lightning-Shrink, use only Software to have a try and feedback. Thanks.

Comment

Hi again, I have performed your suggestion and disabled GPU decoding, lightning- shrink was already disabled. As expected, the CPU load is now much higher.

I made two attempts to rip ‘The Lobster’ (Volume=SELPH002B) and on both occasions the rip failed at 51%.

The TV series ‘In The Name Of The Rose’ (2019) (Volume=DAZB0626) now fails at 52% for each of the episodes on each disk.
          Updated log attached
          Attached Files

Comment

Note that it says in the log that Full Disc copy mode may not be supported yet.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by suedey99 View Post
              Hi again, I have performed your suggestion and disabled GPU decoding, lightning- shrink was already disabled. As expected, the CPU load is now much higher.

I made two attempts to rip ‘The Lobster’ (Volume=SELPH002B) and on both occasions the rip failed at 51%.

The TV series ‘In The Name Of The Rose’ (2019) (Volume=DAZB0626) now fails at 52% for each of the episodes on each disk.
              Updated log attached
              Please use MKV passthrough profile to have a try and see the result.

Comment

Hi first of all I’ve tried to rip ‘The Lobster’ (Volume=SELPH002B) again this time using the suggested using MKV passthrough profile . MKV conversion works, however, when then try to convert the rip to MP4 using DVDFab Converter (CUDA enabled) the process freezes at 1%. With CUDA turned off it fails at 50%.
                It’s a similar story with ‘In The Name Of The Rose’ (2019) (Volume=DAZB0626). I can rip to MKV successfully, however, when trying to convert the MKV rip to MP4, it fails at 3% with CUDA and 51% without CUDA applied
                I am using a trial version of DVDFab converter but it does say I have 3 movies left to convert.
                So, in summary, just a different type of failureand still no MP4 rip.
                Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried playback of the mkv files before converting? If not, please try it and share the result.

Comment

Hi, the video for both MKV titles is OK but the sound on both titles is either missing (no sound), or garbled sound.

Comment

Ah, understood. I do not have either disc you are trying to rip to mp4 but I will try a few others.

Comment

Working...
                      X