No Audio when using Lossless/Passthrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper No Audio when using Lossless/Passthrough

I am in the process of converting my entire DVD collection for play on a local NAS. Most of the time everything is fine. But I have a handful of discs that are giving me fits. Two examples are "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," and "Coyote Ugly." (I'm going in alphabetical order through my collection.)

Both of these discs start out just fine and the ripping gets to 92%-96% then just jumps to 100% and then I get the standard message that the rip has completed. However, when I play these back they have no audio. I've played them back using several Windows app, the DVDFab Player, and the Plex server. No audio.

I've changed settings to disable all CUDA. That didn't change anything. I've disabled any other settings I can find that might remotely be associated with audio in the ripping process.

I have no idea what else to try. Please help.

Please supply the DVDFab internal log session as described here https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...532#post263532
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Log ID 10407721

Comment

Originally posted by RangerDoc View Post
        I am in the process of converting my entire DVD collection for play on a local NAS. Most of the time everything is fine. But I have a handful of discs that are giving me fits. Two examples are "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," and "Coyote Ugly." (I'm going in alphabetical order through my collection.)

Both of these discs start out just fine and the ripping gets to 92%-96% then just jumps to 100% and then I get the standard message that the rip has completed. However, when I play these back they have no audio. I've played them back using several Windows app, the DVDFab Player, and the Plex server. No audio.

I've changed settings to disable all CUDA. That didn't change anything. I've disabled any other settings I can find that might remotely be associated with audio in the ripping process.

go back into common settings - dvd - pathplayer - disable pathplayer
        then common settings - dvd - dvd protection - uncheck cloud decryption service
        restart dvdfab and retry both Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," and "Coyote Ugly and see if you still have no audio

Comment

Hello, we will see if we can duplicate the issue with other source; please use Mediainfo to analyze the output file and attach the analyzed result file here too, thanks.

Comment

I downloaded MediaInfo and I've analyzed the mp4 file for Coyote Ugly. I can see a full report that is several scrolling screens long. However, when I export the report I just get an empty file. No matter what format I choose.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MediaInfo-CU.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	386619

Comment

The capture is not legible. Perhaps you can try the export again by clicking on the green arrow pointing to blue “i” and then select Text from the export setup page that opens.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

We could not duplicate the issue with other DVD sources. Please use Copy - Main Movie mode and then select several chapters of the main movie title, save the output to local hard drive, playback and make sure that it can be played with with sound, and then use Ripper to convert the chapter copy to see the result.
                If you can duplicate the no sound issue with the chapter copy, please send the chapter copy to us for troubleshooting. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                X