No announcement yet.

DVDFab 12 Quality worse than DVDFab 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVDFab 12 Quality worse than DVDFab 10?

I haven't needed to do any large scale ripping for a couple of years, so when I opened up DVDFab v10 I was invited to update to v12. Okay, cool. I set up my profile just how I like it, specifically

Format: AVI
    Codec: H264
    Audio: MP3
    Encoding Method: High Quality (2-pass)
    Custom bitrate: 750kbps
    De-interlacing turned on

I ran a rip/merge of a long film in DVDFab 12, and while I'm aware my settings aren't the greatest quality, the pixellation looked pretty awful, especially in more dynamic scenes. Curious, I ran the exact same job in DVDFab 10, with the exact same settings above, and the dynamic scenes looked way better. One thing I noted was DVDFab 12 was considerably faster than 10, and while I thought this was general improvements, I'm wondering if it was using a faster encoding method than I requested?

I'm attaching the logs for both jobs in case that can help explain it, with personal information scrubbed.

Thanks for your time
    Attached Files

I can’t say that I have noticed any problems in Ripper v12. Note that the auto-selection of Profiles and settings in v12 can result in unanticipated changes from what you experienced with v10. Try choosing the Theatrical settings and modify them as needed.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Not sure what you meant by the Theatrical settings, so I selected MP4 (Theater mode), and the render quality is very much like the .AVI version.

Comment

Do you mean like the v10 avi mode (good for you) or the v12 avi mode (bad for you)?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Do you mean like the v10 avi mode (good for you) or the v12 avi mode (bad for you)?
          I tried it in v12, and it still didn't look as good as I expected.

Comment

Working...
          X