No announcement yet.

AMD driver timeout when ripping to MKV X.264 using AMD APP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) AMD driver timeout when ripping to MKV X.264 using AMD APP

Hello there, I just started using BD Ripper after many years of DVD Copy. My HTPC has an AMD APU (A12-9800E) so I selected AMD APP in the AV Codecs / Encoding / X.264 section. The ripping starts OK but after 10-60min (5-40% of ripping) it stops progressing and a window pops up saying "AMD Bug Report Tool - We detected a driver timeout has occurred on your system. A bug report has been generated. [etc.]" Any guidance on how to fix this issue? Thanks!

It sent a bug report to AMD or to DVDFab? If you want DVDFab to check it, you need to attach the DVDFab internal log and the Fabcheck log to a post. If you hear anything from AMD, please share that here also so the Fab developers can see it.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks signals I've sent the logs via the Feedback option, ID 37097. I've also sent the bug report to AMD. I can confirm that the ripping works find (albeit slower) if I selected "Software" in the AV Codecs / Encoding / X.264 section.

Comment

You are welcome and thanks for submitting the logs, remember there will be no one available to read them until after the national holiday. Problems like this where the software setting continues to work are often related to the gpu drivers, so let us know what you hear from AMD.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X