Star Trek Season One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Season One

OK, first let me know if I am in the wrong place if so, I applogize. I am trying to rip and convert to MP4 episodes of my season one of Star Trek Discovery disks. I want to play them on my Plex server. What I have found out is that no matter what combination I have tried I can not get the traslation of the Klingons to show on the screens. So I have no clue what they are says. I have tried all I can think of. I test every thing after I rip it with DVDFab64 then run it in different programs on my local pc. but no luck. I do this because I got tired of coying it to plex and finding it to fail. If it won't run on a noranl windows progam it won't run on plex. I sure could appreciate help on this. This may be an old prolblem, but I can't find the answer.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
    Jim

These are called forced or translation subtitles which can be authored on the discs several different ways. To get them into your mp4 files you must know which subtitle stream contains them. The easiest way to find out is to use DVDFab’s Preview function in the Ripper module. Play a chapter that has the Klingon speech in preview and right click in the played image to try selecting one sub stream at a time until you see the speech translated. When you find it select that stream to be included in the mp4 by putting a check in the sub selector drop down on the setup page. At the bottom of the Advanced Settings page, select Direct Render to Video for fewer playback hassles. If the only stream that shows the translations also contains the regular dialog, you can try selecting Display only Forced in the subs dropdown when you make the mp4 (again selecting Direct Render to Video as before).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks, for your help. I had tried the Direct Render to Video, but that did not fix it, and tried other options too, but no luck. I kept digging deeper into this and found I ended up with DVDFab in 2 differnet locations. That may have been due to another install being left behind and another install being installed at another folder such as 32 bit to 64 bit. Any way I uninstalled both, did cleaning, reboots and a fresh install. Then did the Direct Render to Video as you suggested and it now works prefect. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Glad to hear that, probably just needed to have the dust blown out.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Star Trek Discovery Season One. I jumped the gun on having it fixed. Close, though. I am still working on it. Got the Klingon to work, but then later when I wathc more I found that there was subtitles for all. Or I should say it was closed closed captioning. I will work with it and see what I can figure out. So close.

Comment

That generally means the main and translation subs are in the same stream and must be filtered using the Display Only Forced setting I mentioned earlier. I will add a screen capture to illustrate the proper settings, it can be confusing.

Comment

Thanks that would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X