Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BDRip and seamless branching support (doesn't work ?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BDRip and seamless branching support (doesn't work ?)

Hey guys,

I'm struggling with something
    I'm testing the software while trying to rip one of my Pixar blu-ray
    Pixar is very well known to create specific video streams depending on the country location you selected at the start menu of their BR
    It's not only used for the audio stream but also, as soon as you have something written on screen (signs, newspapper, something written with a pen, ...) they have rendered their CGI scene with the local language selected on menu, hence the seamless branching feature for the BR which makes it seamless for the viewer who sees the movie all translated into his native language.

That being said, i tried to see if DVDFab was able to manage this... Seems not
    After analyzing my BR, it automatically select a track and when i click on the "select other title" button, when i previsualize the stream and even other streams with my language, what i see on screen doesn't match what i'm aiming to achieve (which is the localized sequence)
    So the question is :
    Does the tool support this feature, even via custome setup and tweak, or is it simply not supported ?

Thanks for your advice guys

It should work, please attach the DVDFab internal log session or use the Feedback button within DVDFab. Post the Log ID number that the uploader provides in this thread.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry for the late reply
      Here are dvdfab_internal.log & media.log
      Attached Files

Comment

No problem, the developers will check it for you, but you appear to be using the free version of DVDFab which may not support this disc, and also see this from the log:

2021.04.01-19:38:12: full disc copy/play* is supported in a newer version, please update

*this includes seamless branching
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes indeed, it's the limited version
          Precisely, i'm checking if it was able to work before buying a license.
          I'm not ripping the BR yet, just using the preview of what the selected track is supposed to contain. And when i move to a sequence which is suppose to have my native language, it's not showing it hence my question

And right now, the unregistered version i use is indeed v11 while it seems a v12 is available but i guess seamless branching is supposed to work within v11 as well, isn't it ?

Comment

Not with the HD Decrypter (free) version in 11 or 12 to my knowledge. The older versions will also not receive any fixes or other updates even with a paid license, they are no longer supported in that sense.

Comment

My bad
              I think the section of the video i was previewing didn't contain any branch segment. I tried somewhere else and it did show the video with my native language. So i guess it's no bug, no misuse of the software, just me looking at the wrong timecode of the video
              My apology

Comment

None needed, happy it is ok now.

Comment

Working...
                X