No announcement yet.

Terribly slow scanning 12.0.2.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Terribly slow scanning 12.0.2.5?

On DVDFab x64 12.0.2.5 (Windows), is it extraordinarily slow for everyone when performing the initial scan for a commercial DVD (average seems to be about 5 minutes) or is this just an issue for me? It doesn't matter whether its a TV or movie DVD.

Previews are deathly slow, too, but only when played from the screen when selecting additional titles. Once selected and added to the list of titles to rip, they play almost instantly.
    Last edited by zapt; 04-14-2021, 12:53 AM.

I have not noticed this but it would help if you would include the DVDFab internal log session from one that had the slow scanning.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I just retested after a fresh computer startup. It took just over four minutes to do the initial scan for the Inglorious Basterds DVD. I copy/pasted just the relevant info from the log file.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zapt View Post
        I just retested after a fresh computer startup. It took just over four minutes to do the initial scan for the Inglorious Basterds DVD. I copy/pasted just the relevant info from the log file.
        Please go to Common Settings>DVD>DVD Protection to uncheck the option "Enable Cloud Decryption Service" to have a try and see if it will make a difference.

Comment

Thanks. I'll let you know if it speeds things up.

FYI: I should mention that the horribly slow scanning is only affecting selected discs. Unluckily, it happened for several in a row. Many later ones are scanning at normal speed.
          Last edited by zapt; 04-16-2021, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X