X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to Mobile Problem!

Hi,
    Go this problem with the last update and the new beta version 7!
    Back in october of 09, the DVD to mobile worked good! Your movie was in one file and now, not so!
    Got the movie on the hard drive..... DVD to mobile option is enabled. I bring the movie in! Still with me so far? It analizes and it brings up these boxes that you can check, but it now has broken the movie into ever chapter instead of leaving it in one file like it use to. So, if you continue the movie will be like 18 files, 1 file for every chapter of that movie. Who wants to transfer 18 files to a iPod??? Can someone tell someone to fix this like it use to be! Thanks.
    This is on a XP computer and Win 7 computer!!

by
    signals, Gregiboy and Complication

If you are posting about an operational problem with either the DVD to Mobile or File to Mobile option of DVD Fab, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will be needed to assist you. Please have a look at the informational links in my signature below before reporting a problem as one of these may solve your problem.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Make sure that you are using good procedures. Recommendations can be found here.

This Information Is Required!!!

The DVDFab version number. We suggest that you make sure that you are least using the latest Official Release which can be found here and recommend that you also try the latest Beta Version which can be found here.

The nature of the problem.
    The EXACT profile you used and any parameters within it that you may have changed.
    If using a custom profile, please attach it to your post.
    Whether this happens with all titles or just one.
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration.
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

For File to Mobile, this additional information will speed resolution of the problem:

SOURCE FILE TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE:
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION:
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE:
    DVDFab VERSION:
    DVDFab PROFILE:
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION:
    OUTPUT CROP:
    OUTPUT BITRATE:
    OUTPUT PASSES:

Examples:
    SOURCE FILE TYPE: MKV, AVI, VOB, etc
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: H264, XVID, DIVX, MPEG
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1080p, 480i, 720x480, etc.
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3, MP3, AAC, etc.
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.0 Beta
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1000
    OUTPUT PASSES: 1

You can often use MediaInfo to get details of the source file.

Comment

hi,

Originally posted by Guitar74 View Post
      Hi,
      Back in october of 09, the DVD to mobile worked good! Your movie was in one file and now, not so!
      Got the movie on the hard drive..... DVD to mobile option is enabled. I bring the movie in! Still with me so far? It analizes and it brings up these boxes that you can check, but it now has broken the movie into ever chapter instead of leaving it in one file like it use to. So, if you continue the movie will be like 18 files, 1 file for every chapter of that movie. Who wants to transfer 18 files to a iPod??? Can someone tell someone to fix this like it use to be! Thanks.
      I think maybe you select the option "split by chapter", so DVDFab will create file for one chapter. before click "Start" button, please check it in "Conversion Dialog".

thanks.

Comment

Same problem is now fixed.

I had the same problem but it was with the prior verion 6 of DVDFab DVD to Mobile. Originally it worked like you described, one single file, but just yesterday went to multiple files. I had installed some other programs that I'm thinking may have altered it's behavior so when I saw the Beta 7.0.1.2 version I installed it and now it works as a single file. If you don't have this version download and install it or if that doesn't work then uninstall it and reinstall it and see if that helps.

Originally posted by Guitar74 View Post
        Hi,

Comment

I have the same problem and i did what you did and got beta 7 and when i tried it all the files showed up again and the file for the movie is sperated does that when i was in beta 6. do you know how to just one file.

thanks

Comment

Same here, how do you make it work just as one file, also doing it file to mobile.

Comment

Make sure you are using "DVD to Mobile" and select the hard drive folder as the source.

Comment

Have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread. Link in my signature below.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

It seams that nobody can solve this issue I have read your best practice with no help went through many of fourms and nobody has a answer. I've used DVD platium 4 to betA 5 it was so easy I decided to get the licenses onece I went to 6 and beta 7 I have not been able to copy a single movie it's just been a waste of money. Does someone have a answer to this

Comment

hi,

I think this problem maybe caused by the old default profile, when you do the convert, which profile is your using ? and please check the "Split by chapter" not checked.

and also please delete all profiles in "c:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\DVDFab\profiles\", and try again.

thanks.

Comment

i do what gregiboy say in his best practices. i rip the cd to the hd and then go to dvd mobile i use either generic, ipod and xbox360. and when i put the source of the movie as gregiboy says "Fab will then parse the structure and usually choose the longest title as the main movie." and when i go check the file that has been selected its not the whole movie and thats where i get lost. how do i know what file to choose, this has happen with every movie i've tried to rip to mobile and these are new movies that have come out.

Please help
                      Thanks

Comment

What I suggest is that you use a software player to play it from the folders.

VLC (www.videolan.org) is FREE and does this well. You then use the DVD menu with the software to play the Main Movie.

You can then pull down the navigation option on VLC and it will show you what title is playing.

Hope this helps.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

smallznyc,
                          Of course file chosen by DVDFab isn't the whole movie, it most likely third or quarter of it, because .vob file sized to be around 1gig. There's another file - .ifo file where all the information about file and container structure is stored, but you shouldn't even worry about it. Usually DVDFab picks up right starter, however in rear occasion mishaps occurred, and then you can use awesome helper - preview. In your case, if you take look at the preview and it's a beginning of the movie, relax, enjoy, let Fab do its business.

Oopsy, Gregi, didn't see you... as usual... sorry
                          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I understand that you can watch the file through vlc but my problem is the file that is checked in the title check box section where you choose what file it rip. the program chooses the longes file but when i rip it its not the whole movie. not like where before i only needed one file and you get the whole movie. this happens when i use it for the ipod,generic,and xbox

Comment

Also, make sure you are using DVD to Movile not File to Mobile and that PathPlayer is set to Always Enable. Did you follow the instructions that Ting posted for you?
                              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                              X