This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab is now FORCING splits

so I've been using the trial version of DVDFab for 2 weeks now, and digitzed my entire DVD collection for use on a home media server.

Loving the software, and (sincerely) plan to buy a license when my trial expires in a couple week.

That was, until I ran into a problem this evening. I'm now working on digitzing some of my TV show collections. But now, all of a sudden, DVDFab seems to be *forcing* me to split files.

I've been ripping all my DVD's to VOB's. And for 400+ movies, haven't had a problem. I simply select the "No Split" option (as file size is not an issue for me, since my server has 6.5 TB of room).

But for some reason, about an hour ago, the ONLY two options in the "split" drop down menu are 1Gb and 2Gb. The 'no split' option is now gone.

I've rebooted the server, thinking I'd hit a glich, reopened DVD Fab, and same thing. I then put in a movie, thinking maybe the program doesn't like TV series DVD's. Same thing.

I am being forced to split the VOB's by either 1 or 2 Gb file sizes.

My trial doesn't expire until the 18th.

Any clue why this is happening? Is there 2 trial conditions? 30 days AND XXX number of rips or something?

Or is there an option somewhere (can't find one) that I might have accidentally changed that's causing this? No matter what I do, still only have 1 or 2 Gb split options.

Or maybe it's checking the amount of disk space I have available? I'm down to 1 Tb, and while that's plenty, it's down to 20% available, wondering if the software checks availability w/out recognizing the units??)

If I know this problem will be resolved by buying a license, I'll just do it.

But I'm leary to pay and then still have this same problem, as the software then becomes usless to me.

ANY help would be appreciated!

(note: Using the DVD to Mobile. And using PS3 and selecting the VOB passthrough profile as I've been doing for all 400 DVDs)

This is not part of the trial. DVDFab presents those choices if the file system of the target drive doesn't support the required file size. Sounds like maybe a FAT32 target. ??
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      This is not part of the trial. DVDFab presents those choices if the file system of the target drive doesn't support the required file size. Sounds like maybe a FAT32 target. ??
      No. All drives are NTFS. And, like i said, the option was there for 400 of the DVD's. I then ripped all 10 seasons of Friends, and it was still there. About half-way thru the first season of Law and Order, it suddenly disappeared.

Like I said, thinking maybe there was something different about this specific set of dics, I went back and tried a movie I'd already ripped, and even for that movie that I'd previously ripped in one ~5Gb file, the 'no split' option was suddenly gone.

Comment

hi,

I do a simple test, but cannot repeat this problem, I will try to check the code, and please reinstall DVDFab, and clean the default-profile in path "your_user_name\Application Data\DVDFab\profiles\", then check it again.

thanks

Comment

I'll try that, and let you know. thanks!

I'm probably the only one that's ever ripped this many DVD's during their trial period. hahahaha

Comment

Well, sure enough, that fixed it!

Still curious as to why this happened in the first place. wierd.

Looks like it also reset my trial period. But relax...I still plan on buying when my time's up!

This software's just way to good. (Nice mixture of "easy to use" yet has a lot of options/customization). Really happy with it!

Comment

Working...
            X