X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virus False Positive DVD2Mobile

Hello,

I had and been working with DVDFab with no problems. One day McAffee found the Artemis virus in DVDFab6\Options\DvdFabDVD2Mobile.exe. Now it keeps telling me that it has expired, only DVD2Mobile, DVD2DVD is working fine. So I uninstalled DVDFab, downloaded the .exe file from DVDFab's web page and as soon as I run it McAffee finds and removes the Artemis virus and DVD2Mobile does not work. Keeps telling it expires, even when I download and run the key or paste the key it does not work. Please help me with this problem. Thank you for your quick reply.

Where did you buy it from?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I am having the same problem! I downloaded the software from dvdfab.com. to my new windows 7 system today.

Comment

Originally posted by dschutz View Post
        I am having the same problem! I downloaded the software from dvdfab.com. to my new windows 7 system today.
        Are you also using McAffee?
        McAffee is known for giving false positives.

Comment

McAfee and DVDFABDVD2Mobile.exe

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
          Are you also using McAffee?
          McAffee is known for giving false positives.

Hey!! I just started having this problem and I am running McAfee. I sent the file DVDFABDVD2Mobile.exe to McAfee and their automated scanner returned an email saying that the file was fine.
          What a pain in the A&&, as it keeps quarranteening the file and I have to restore it, but it WON'T let me add it to the trusted list.
          This just started within a week or so, so it must have been something they did in their DATs that flagged this file.
          Sorry to hear that others are having this issue, but I'm glad it's not just me. I'll keep emailing them so they can fix it in their DAT, and ask that others who are experiencing this do the same.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

That is why McAfee sucks for virus protection as it gives way too many false positives and too many people who use DVD copy programs always have issues if they are using McAfee

Comment

in any case DVDFab isn't a virus...

Comment

Originally posted by #iCE+# View Post
                in any case DVDFab isn't a virus...
                Well... other than the fact that it infects us all with a need to use it and spread its use to others. Hmm... not sure if that qualifies as a virus or a religion.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                  That is why McAfee sucks for virus protection as it gives way too many false positives and too many people who use DVD copy programs always have issues if they are using McAfee
                  What are the recommendations for a good virus program? Too bad since I get McAfee for free with my ISP.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Comment

I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. So do the developers of DVDFab.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I've had very good results with AVG. There's both a free version and a PRO version.
                      You may want to give that a try!
                      Cheers,
                      Fred

Comment

Avast also has both a free and pro version.

Comment

Exactly; KIS, is the best antivirus that i tried!

Comment

Working...
                          X