First time installed on a Win10 laptop, sitting at 0%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time installed on a Win10 laptop, sitting at 0%

I've been using one version or another of blu-ray ripper for many years, but this is the first time installed on a windows 10 machine.

I selected 5 titles from the Stargate SG-1 BD's I just got and it's been on 0% for 23 minutes.

Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDFab 8-6-22 1a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.9 KB ID:	413357
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDFab 8-6-22 1b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.6 KB ID:	413358

aaaaand, failed after 31 minutes
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab 8-6-22 1c.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	413360

The logs should be fresh. Please let me know what I can post to help find the issue.
    Last edited by Ar-Pharazon; 08-06-2022, 08:23 PM.

OK, I found another similar thread here: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ets-stuck-on-0
    I did have luck when I switched to MP4-Passthrough. But when I changed back to General>(custom)MP4, it went back to not progressing at all.

Changes to the default MP4 profile: High Quality Encoding (2 Pass), maximum bits/pixel, audio bitrate 512kbps, 200% volume. The same custom settings I have used for over a year without issue.

Comment

I completely uninstalled DVDFab, deleted all folders in every location (Documents, Program Files, AppData folders), just in case some configuration settings came over from the Win7 laptop and I deleted all registry references to DVDFab..

I reinstalled the previous version, because I know that worked.

It still refuses to work with the standard Custom(MP4) profile. It's working with MP4 5K right now, which I don't necessarily want for computer files. Standard MP4's are big enough. But multiple profiles are ripping these except the profile I've been using for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ar-Pharazon View Post
        I completely uninstalled DVDFab, deleted all folders in every location (Documents, Program Files, AppData folders), just in case some configuration settings came over from the Win7 laptop and I deleted all registry references to DVDFab..

I reinstalled the previous version, because I know that worked.

It still refuses to work with the standard Custom(MP4) profile. It's working with MP4 5K right now, which I don't necessarily want for computer files. Standard MP4's are big enough. But multiple profiles are ripping these except the profile I've been using for a long time.
        try again with MP4.Theatrical profile - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ets-stuck-on-0

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
          try again with MP4.Theatrical profile - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ets-stuck-on-0
          Yep, that's the same thread I found as well. I tried MP4.Theater last night as well, no luck. Also .avi doesn't progress.

Theater (MP4.Passthrough) and Custom (3D MP4.5K) are the only ones I've tried that work so far (for any profiles I would actually want to use). No customization available on these, so not really my top choices.

I just now put in a Stargate Atlantis blu-ray from my original set (not the brand new master set) that I ripped a couple weeks ago using the same Custom (MP4.Default) profile I used on S1 & S2 back then (still on the Win7 laptop & same external internal BD drive). Still nothing, but it shows me this is definitely not a disc problem, but either an app or app+Win10 problem.
          Last edited by Ar-Pharazon; 08-07-2022, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Yep, that's the same thread I found as well. I tried MP4.Theater last night as well, no luck. Also .avi doesn't progress.

Theater (MP4.Passthrough) and Custom (3D MP4.5K) are the only ones I've tried that work so far (for any profiles I would actually want to use). No customization available on these, so not really my top choices.

I just now put in a Stargate Atlantis blu-ray from my original set (not the brand new master set) that I ripped a couple weeks ago using the same Custom (MP4.Default) profile I used on S1 & S2 back then (still on the Win7 laptop & same external internal BD drive). Still nothing, but it shows me this is definitely not a disc problem, but either an app or app+Win10 problem.
            have you tried with the AV codecs disabled ??

Comment

have you tried with the AV codecs disabled ??
              I have never had those disabled AFAIK, but currently they are all currently set to CUDA. I have checked the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding & encoding" and it is finally progressing using the Custom (MP4) profile.

I'll let you know the results after it finishes.

Comment

It's doing the job now, but I have to say, the process is bogging down my system more than it ever did with an older Win7 laptop.

Any thoughts on that? It also switches between multiple instances under Apps in Task Manager & Background Processes.

Comment

It's doing the job now, but I have to say, the process is bogging down my system more than it ever did with an older Win7 laptop.

Any thoughts on that? It also switches between multiple instances under Apps in Task Manager & Background Processes.
                  may want to check to see if you have the latest drivers for your computers graphics card and then retry with GPU acceleration.

Comment

may want to check to see if you have the latest drivers for your computers graphics card and then retry with GPU acceleration.
                    Any options I should try other than CUDA? Again, I don't think I ever fiddled with those settings in the past, but I really don't remember "CUDA". Plus some other threads point to GPU acceleration taking the load off of the CPU, so I may need to tinker with those tomorrow.

Comment

Any options I should try other than CUDA? Again, I don't think I ever fiddled with those settings in the past, but I really don't remember "CUDA". Plus some other threads point to GPU acceleration taking the load off of the CPU, so I may need to tinker with those tomorrow.
                      uninstall version 12 and install version 11 - https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm?ad=forum_nav
                      retest your discs again and see if cuda now works and then try updating to the latest version 12 to see if cuda is still working.
                      see post #4 & #5 of this thread - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...oding-encoding

Comment

uninstall version 12 and install version 11 - https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm?ad=forum_nav
                        retest your discs again and see if cuda now works and then try updating to the latest version 12 to see if cuda is still working.
                        see post #4 & #5 of this thread - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...oding-encoding
                        An additional problem. I checked and my laptop is capable of Intel Quick Sync, it even work in an app called Action! (Handbrake can also use QSV as a decoder). But DVDFab continues to say "Intel Quick Sync H.264 decoder cannot be supported by your graphics card".

I also installed CoreAVC and DVDFab won't recognize that either.
                        Last edited by Ar-Pharazon; 08-08-2022, 01:52 PM.

Comment

OK, I think I finally have some of this sussed. I had to use the NVIDIA Control Panel and add DVDFab to the Program Settings list, then choose Integrated Graphics as the preferred graphics processor. That finally got DVDFab to accept Intel Quick Sync as a decoder option.

The CPU usage is down to around 25% instead of 40%-90%. So no longer bogging everything down.

It still doesn't detect CoreAVC, even though it's installed. Though it's latest release was 11 years ago, so possibly it's too old? If so, why would the latest version of DVDFab even list it?

Comment

OK, I think I finally have some of this sussed. I had to use the NVIDIA Control Panel and add DVDFab to the Program Settings list, then choose Integrated Graphics as the preferred graphics processor. That finally got DVDFab to accept Intel Quick Sync as a decoder option.

The CPU usage is down to around 25% instead of 40%-90%. So no longer bogging everything down.

It still doesn't detect CoreAVC, even though it's installed. Though it's latest release was 11 years ago, so possibly it's too old? If so, why would the latest version of DVDFab even list it?
                            maybe that it works only for AVC-encoded discs - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...y/9651-coreavc

Comment

maybe that it works only for AVC-encoded discs - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...y/9651-coreavc
                              I would think DVDFab would still recognize it was on the computer, even if it wasn't a good option.

As far as the resource hogging, after some time it still spikes up to 100% CPU Load, then back down. What does it take to control this thing? It should not need 100% of 6 cores to do the same job it was doing with 2 cores. It seems like the more you have, the more it wants.

Comment

Working...
                              X