No announcement yet.

First time installed on a Win10 laptop, sitting at 0%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please post the latest dvdfab_internal.log and fabcheck_internal.log for checking the problem. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Please post the latest dvdfab_internal.log and fabcheck_internal.log for checking the problem. Thanks.
      Which problem? The "stuck on 0%" issue was basically resolved by using a decoder other than CUDA.

I need to know so I can clear out the old log(s) and get a fresh look.

Comment

Originally posted by Ar-Pharazon View Post

Which problem? The "stuck on 0%" issue was basically resolved by using a decoder other than CUDA.

I need to know so I can clear out the old log(s) and get a fresh look.
        CoreAVC is not supported. About the not using CUDA problem, please enable GPU and repeat the process, and then zip the whole log folder and send it to us, the developer will check why it doesn't use it.

Comment

CoreAVC is not supported. About the not using CUDA problem, please enable GPU and repeat the process, and then zip the whole log folder and send it to us, the developer will check why it doesn't use it.
          As far as the CoreAVC issue, it can be seen at the bottom of the first image "CoreAVC: cannot be detected". Again, even the last version of this I can find a reference to is from 2011, and I can't even D/L that version (3.0.1.0). I have v1.9.50 installed.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDFab 8-10-22 1a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	413513

These 2 images are for the process of using CUDA (selected in the first image) for a single episode of Stargate Atlantis.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDFab 8-10-22 1b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	28.7 KB ID:	413514
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDFab 8-10-22 1c.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.9 KB ID:	413515

It went about 30 minutes of Time Elapsed with a slight load on the CPU & GPU, but never left 0%.

Here is the log from (only) that attempt.
          Log (DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper-CUDA Fail) 8-10-22 1a.zip
          Last edited by Ar-Pharazon; 08-10-2022, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Okay, I will have the developer check your log file.

Comment

Okay, I will have the developer check your log file.
              Thanks.

What would you need to see regarding the resource hogging when using Intel Quick Sync? A specific log from one of those rips?

Comment

The developer said that the Nvidia M150 is special for notebooks and it doesn't support to use in this case, he suggested that you use Intel.
                As for the "CoreAVC cannot be detected" issue, I am afraid that there is no plan to solve it at the moment.

Comment

The developer said that the Nvidia M150 is special for notebooks and it doesn't support to use in this case, he suggested that you use Intel in this case.
                  As for the "CoreAVC cannot be detected" issue, I am afraid that there is no plan to solve it at the moment.
                  CUDA is automatically trying to use the NVIDIA chip?

Any suggestions on getting the resource usage under control when using Intel QS. It runs up to 100% on both CPU and GPU a lot of the time during a rip and bogs literally everything down.

This was not the case with my previous, older laptop.
                  Last edited by Ar-Pharazon; 08-15-2022, 12:10 PM.

Comment

CUDA is automatically trying to use the NVIDIA chip?

Any suggestions on getting the resource usage under control when using Intel QS. It runs up to 100% on both CPU and GPU a lot of the time during a rip and bogs literally everything down.

This was not the case with my previous, older laptop.
                    Please refer to the image to adjust the Coder settings to have a try.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20220817-162334.png
Views:	171
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	413828

Comment

Please refer to the image to adjust the Coder settings to have a try.

Name:	screenshot-20220817-162334.png
Views:	171
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	413828
                      Those are pretty much my current settings, except MPEG-2, which wants to stay as "software".

Name:	DVDFab 8-17-22 1a.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	413846

Name:	DVDFab 8-17-22 1b.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	413847

Comment

Those are pretty much my current settings, except MPEG-2, which wants to stay as "software".

Name:	DVDFab 8-17-22 1a.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	413846

Name:	DVDFab 8-17-22 1b.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	413847
                        You may just ignore the MPEG-2, it doesn't use that much now, h264 is used more frequently.

Comment

You may just ignore the MPEG-2, it doesn't use that much now, h264 is used more frequently.
                          Yeah, I use MPEG-2 occasionally in PowerDirector for certain exports, but not much.

So back to the larger issue. How to get DVDFab to stop sucking up all the resources of my computer. Maybe they need to let us assign RAM to the process, to take the load off of the CPU & GPU (PhotoShop allows this). I have more than enough RAM.

Comment

Working...
                          X