Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DXVA with Ati Radeon HD 4890 not working?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DXVA with Ati Radeon HD 4890 not working?

Greetings,

frist I want to thank you guys for DVDfab - it´s really a great app, easy to use and a complete thing for all my needs.

I used Handbrake for my DVD to h264 video conversation but now I want to switch to X to Mobile, because the DXVA accelerated conversation and the simplicy. I would love if you guys also include an "auto deinterlace option" like the guys from xillisoft have in their ripper. Becaus then, I can just click on "start" and everythings goes fine and automatically!

So now to my problem:

First my specs:
    Windows 7 Professionell 64 Bit
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 2gb (up to date 64bit Catalyst driver)
    4gb Ram
    Dual Core 2 2,4ghz

I created a new Profile with the DVDfabProfileEditor beta which uses h264 with a bitrate of 2250 and 1-pass. The Audio Codec is aac 160kbps. This will produce a valid mp4 file (when the audio is downmixed to aac-lc) which the xbox is able to play native without transcoding. I enabled in the options DXVA and it says "Supported Video Codecs: DXVA_MODE_H264, DXVA_MODE_VC1". I also checked with a japanese app called "DXVAChecker.exe" if my video card support DXVA and the jap programm said that all modes are supported.

When I now start the video conversation, my CPU peek goes up to 90% and it encode with about 30fps like the x264 codec will do on my machine. So it seams there is no DXVA acceleration, because I read about >70fps h264 encoding on the h4890 which would be really, really, really nice.

So the question is now, why doesn´t it work? Does it work just under specific conditions? If so, what are the conditions? Maybe it´s not possible that a 32bit app will use DXVA on a 64bit machine?

If anyone needs some logs or more information, I am willing to give

PS: Sorry for my bad english gramma...

I installed the current Beta of DVDfab and find out that the option to use CUDA or DVXA is not present anymore in the configdialog under "X to Mobile". What does this means?

Comment

I believe it was moved to a position under General, near the top of the nav pane.
      Also, you can force deinterlace in DVDFab two ways:
      1)Use the Deinterlace checkbox on the Edit page; the setting should be "remembered" from session to session.
      2)Add this switch to any profile:<deinterlace mode="1" method="0"/> (this will force deinterlace, mode "0" lets DVDFab decide if it is necessary, mode "2" blocks deinterlace)

Instead of mentioning names of competing products, just say "another ripper" or "another similar product"; please read the Forum Rules and General Policies. The exact names are normally not relevant to the discussion.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well I see what´s the problem is...
        DVXA is all about DEcoding and not ENcoding. CUDA was irritating me (thought on Nvidias Badaboom).

Sorry, my mistake

Comment

Working...
        X