X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No higher resolutions available?

Hi,

I hope this question hasn't been ask already:

I have an mkv movie file with a resolution of 1920x8xx. I want to convert it to xvid. If I use DVDFab v6 I can choose different resolutions in the conversion settings up to the original resolution of 1920x8xx.

In v7 the highest available resolution I can choose is 1024x7xx. So I would have to downscale the video in order to convert it.

Any ideas why there are no higher resolutions available in v7?

watcher

You really don't need to go that high, 720 X xxx is all the DVD is depending on whether it's PAL or NTSC. Your playback software or TV will fill out the display.

See attachment:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 90312; 03-23-2010, 12:53 AM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

It's a Blue-Ray rip. So the original resolution is indeed 1920x8xx.

So apparently there has to be a bug in the new v7 beta.

watcher

Comment

No, there's no bug. Use Blu-ray to Mobile and the higher resolutions will be there.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That wouldn't work either. I have DVD rip as an mkv file. It's a single mkv file, about 9 GB in size and with a resolution of 1920x8xx. I need to convert this file to xvid. In v6 File to Mobile offers me several resolutions including the original 1920x8xx. V7 does not.

Comment

Go back to your original Blu-Ray disc and re-rip using DVDFab to the hard drive. Then use Blu-Ray to Mobile to get the file you want. You can skip a step and use Blu-Ray to Mobile from the original disc, but that will put more ware on your BD drive.

Comment

I can't do this because I don't have the original disc anymore. But anyway, why is v7 limited when it comes to resolutions?

Comment

Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums

Comment

Working...
                X