This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subtitles issue

I'm not able to get subtitles to work when going from DVD to mobile. I'm not sure if there is a setting I'm missing or what. I have the check marks "on" in the sub-picture settings for English (my native language). i only want the subs that are supposed to be there when someone or something (for example District 9) speaks in a foreign language. should i try going DVD to file 1st? then go to mobile? that takes forever thank you for your help. attached a pic of DVD-fab with the settings shown.
    Attached Files

alright i even tried going dvd to file, and played one of the VOB's with "VLC media player", the subs still dont show up. any idea's? or maybe know where another thread is with some ideas on how to fix it?

Comment

If you want them embedded in the video, put a check in the box for only one subpicture stream and select direct render to video on the Edit screen. Like The Highlander said, there can be only one.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Now there are subtitles throughout the whole movie. I don't want them where people are speaking English, in English based movies. I only need subtitles where people speak in foreign languages. argh , close but no cigar. please help. maybe a fresh install? are there any special instructions for that? or just remove and install the newest version.

*i'm reinstalling the newest version. will update asap.
        Last edited by MEGIDDO; 03-24-2010, 03:11 PM. Reason: stupidity :)

Comment

I GOT IT!! wo0t!

just FYI, I only checked the top selection for sub picture.
          Then just below I selected the check mark for "display only forced subpicture".
          Then in edit, I selected direct render to video.

That seems to work fine.

Comment

Good to hear that you got it!!
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X