This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOB Passthrough has duration of 0 Length

I'm in the process of digitizing my library and I've noticed that about 40% of the VOB passthroughs I'm creating have a zero duration or length. The movie still plays all the way through but with most players except the playstation it seems this makes rewinding and fastforward impossible. Tried to change the filename to .mpg and I've looked for a way to edit the metadata but can't seem to find anything. I'm not sure what the fix is at this point any advice would be greatly appreciated. An example is in the image below:

Thanks in advance to all!!

Knight

Try MediaInfo (free, google it)or some other app that specializes in video files, see what they report.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

This is because the original DVD video streams did not include the correct timecode information. I see it as laziness on the part of the DVD authors, but then, they did not intend for someone to rip the content off the disc. Unfortunately there isn't an easy solution at present (DVDFab or otherwise).

Tip: When fast forwarding on the PS3 and the movie stalls when you press play then simply press stop and then play again. It is much quicker than letting the streaming catch up.

Comment

Thanks. Tried MediaInfo it only allows me to view the data but not change it. Does anyone know of a way to edit this info. I'm guessing its not a simple thing as was said in a previous reply because my google searches come up empty. But for those of you on the bleeding edge let me know.

Comment

Complication has posted a "How to" on this forum before and you are correct. It seems very complicated.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Complication has posted a "How to" on this forum before and you are correct. It seems very complicated.

My pseudonym was chosen with great care.

Comment

Knight.
              Complication is right, timecodes are missing. Bad news, you can't fix it just by editing info. Info is what program see o don't see in your video, and by editing info report you are not inserting timecodes. Good news, it fixable. Bad news, it's pretty time consuming process required knowledge and effort. You basically have to re-assemble the video and audio streams as they would do it in a studio, with authoring and rendering programs.
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Knight,
                I think I have an idea how to solve your problem, I only want to know how you getting those .vob files, I mean describe your steps....
                You can do it here or send me a PM
                sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Steps:
                  1. Start DVDFab
                  2. Choose DVD to Mobile Option
                  3. Select PS3 Option under DVD to Mobile
                  4. Check Main Movie Title
                  5. Check Best Sound Quality usually 5.1
                  6. Uncheck Subtiltes
                  7. Select PS3 VOB Passthrough profile
                  8. Edit Profile to Change Name and Select "No Split"
                  9. Click Start

Usually 10-15 mins later I have a VOB file.

Comment

Working...
                  X