This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) iPad Support Profile

Is there a chance a profile for the iPad could be made in dvd-mobile, BD-mobile, File-Mobile?

I can set a proper iPad conversion, but everytime i try to convert a movie, I have to do all the settings manually. I cant even save a proper profile just for iPad...

Is this gonna be implemented in dvdfab anytime soon?
    It would be a good profile add-on.
    Thanks...

Try Apple TV.

Comment

Post the settings you use that work well and a profile will be added.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

If you spend a little time reading the documentation in the \profiles\readme subdirectory, writing your own custom profile becomes a simple task.

Originally posted by cornelp View Post
        Is there a chance a profile for the iPad could be made in dvd-mobile, BD-mobile, File-Mobile?

I can set a proper iPad conversion, but everytime i try to convert a movie, I have to do all the settings manually. I cant even save a proper profile just for iPad...

Is this gonna be implemented in dvdfab anytime soon?
        It would be a good profile add-on.
        Thanks...
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

FWIW, I have an Apple TV and I've discovered that Apple TV -profile concerted videos are rejected by the Apple TV as being incompatible. Not sure why that is, but I started with 720p MKV files, re-encoded with DVDFab and was rejected by the Apple TV during sync.

Also, FWIW, I took the same originals and ran them through the Elgato h.264 HD product and they worked fine on the Apple TV (although there were scaling artifacts).

I have struggled to get any of my HD videos to sync to the iPad and recently found out why - the iPad only accepts AVC Baseline 3.2 (and above?). The Elgato forum is lit up with this issue.

Comment

... I should add that I am happy to help in any way I can (Test/Alpha/Beta) with my Apple TV and iPad, as needed. I am dying to see all of this work; especially with Blu-Ray.

My current process is to use DVDFab to rip the BD, then use AudioConverter to change the DTS-Master tracks to Dolby AC3 (Apple TV supports AC3 pass-thru and stereo only), then move the file to my Mac and re-encode to the Apple TV -supported specs for HD using the Elgato ASIC.

The resulting videos look absolutely beautiful on my new Samsung LED/LCD with Apple TV and, more importantly, sound just wonderful running through the Sony ES receiver.

But, it would be sure be great to do this in one step with the mighty, awesome DVDFab!

- ChillyK

Comment

ChillyK did you managed to get your profile to read as AVC Baseline 3.2?

I was having a similar problem trying to create a BD to iPod profile. I had all the settings looking right but could not get the profile to change from Main to Baseline so like you it would not sync so I could not check it properly.

Thanks.

John

Comment

No, but I didn't really try. I was just trying to re-encode for Apple TV and found that Apple TV would reject the video as incompatible, even though I had used the Apple TV presets in DVDFab.

So, I've been using the Elgato h.264 HD ASIC; which is where I ran into the AVC Baseline 3.2 issue with iPad.

Man... this is all getting hard to keep up with, but I'm sure the makers of optical plastic like it that way.

Comment

Working...
                X