This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BD To Mobile Settings/Time

I've done hundreds of DVD to Mobile using the XBox profile creating WMV's. Each of them took approximately 1.5-2 hours. I'm trying my first BD to Mobile today with the same Xbox profile and WMV's.

What sort of settings should I be looking at for the best quality? I'm not concerned about file size or bandwidth (I have plenty of storage and run on a wired gigabit network).

Today I was testing Cars... Its taking an estimated 8 hours with a Quad Core Processor and 4 gig of RAM. Is this normal? Or is something set to a too high of quality? What's the normal time estimate for 1 Blu Ray movie?

Cars took me about 2 hours (converting for iPad), using two pass, 1500 mb target size.
    That was using File to Mobile. Using Bluray to Mobile, it took over 6 hours. quad core, @ 2.4 ghz. 4 gig ram. Because of this speed discrepancy, I'm using File to Mobile for my converts. Still trying to get an answer from support on why the diff, and if I'm losing anything doing it this way (some hidden encoder difference?). I'm not interested in anything other than the main movie, so works for me, and seems to look comparable to HB output). CUDA active, with my 8800GT, btw.
    Last edited by mlbspike; 05-08-2010, 09:36 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

I am trying to convert Avatar to MKV Main Movie to 12 GB and its going to take 15 hours what gives.

Del Optiplex 740 64 x 2 dual core 4600 2.41 GHz 7
      93 GB Ram

Comment

8 GB RAM is maximum for that Dell according to its tech specifications posted on the site.

Also your CPU is too slow, therefore it takes 15 hours.
        人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
        Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
          8 GB RAM is maximum for that Dell according to its tech specifications posted on the site.

Also your CPU is too slow, therefore it takes 15 hours.
          sorry that should have been 1.93 GB ram

what size cpu to cut down this time?

Comment

Originally posted by maid View Post
            what size cpu to cut down this time?
            Quad. And CUDA-enabled card will help too, if GPU acceleration activated
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I am going to try on another machine.
              where do i enable CUDA and GPU acceleration ?

Comment

Settings->General->A/V Codec
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by maid View Post
                  where do i enable CUDA and GPU acceleration ?
                  You can only use GPU acceleration if your card CUDA-enabled (if it's nVIDIA) or DXVA-enabled (for ATI cards).
                  For that you have to go to Common Settings (Little green circle in top right corner of main window) ->A/V Codec. If you see your card is listed in Codec information - you're good, and you can activate GPU acceleration. For that you set drop-downs for CUDA (or DXVA) where available, click OK and restart DVDFab
                  sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

You should choose the A/V codec settings carefully based on the type of video compression used on the original disc. The conversion speed will not be optimum if your video card has to do both the encoding and decoding. Experimenet with these settings, and by all means get CoreAVC ($12) to speed up decoding of AVCHD compressed discs. In my experience, MPEG-2 Blu-rays are the slowest, AVCHD (h264) the fastest (if CoreAVC is installed). Fast (DDR3) RAM helps also. It takes some tweaking of your system to get really good performance compressing Blu-rays. I was able to double my speed making BD->BD-9/1080conversions by using CUDA only for the encoding and using software for the decoding.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                      You can only use GPU acceleration if your card CUDA-enabled (if it's nVIDIA) or DXVA-enabled (for ATI cards).
                      For that you have to go to Common Settings (Little green circle in top right corner of main window) ->A/V Codec. If you see your card is listed in Codec information - you're good, and you can activate GPU acceleration. For that you set drop-downs for CUDA (or DXVA) where available, click OK and restart DVDFab
                      Hello I have a question about your post. I have an nvidia Geforce GT 220. I see my card under codec information in DVDFAB. See below. Am I reading it correctly, does this mean my video card supports both CUDA and DXVA mode? If so which should I use? Normally I use software for all because I had some problems with default settings but it takes a long time with software

Graphics Chipset :
                      NVIDIA GeForce GT 220

Supported Video Codecs :
                      CUDA_MODE_H264
                      CUDA_MODE_VC1
                      DXVA_MODE_H264
                      DXVA_MODE_VC1

CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

Comment

I would select CUDA as that seems better supported, but be prepared to turn it off if you have problems.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          I would select CUDA as that seems better supported, but be prepared to turn it off if you have problems.
                          Thank you for your reply ))

Comment

Working...
                          X