This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) blu ray to mobile AVATAR Forced Subtitle

I have tried every option imaginable with DVDFAB and I cannot get this to work. I have another movie that has forced subtitle (Universal Soldier Regeneration) that worked perfectly. I have done full movie, main movie, dts hd audio and dolby digital 2 channel and 5.1. Tried forced only direct rendor to video and extract to idk/sub file and I get nothing. I tried direct rendor without checking forced and nothing. Why is it that one movie works perfectly and another one does not? Very frustrating. Basically I want to create an MKV version of AVATAR with forced subtitle so I can watch on my laptop. Im using windows media player to play it. I have the CCCP codec installed which enables me to play pretty much anything with wmp

Has anyone been able to figure this out? I am about to give up. I wanted a high quality mkv version for my laptop with forced subtitle guess i will have to settle with dvd version :-(

Comment

The reason that one works and the other not is that the studios have authored them differently.

Are any subpictures showing up in the subpicture pane?

Studios can author forced subtitles 3 ways and the only thing that you can guarantee that it does not conform to any standard:-

1. Embedded in a language stream. In this case you have to select the language stream and then select "Forced Subtitles Only"
      2. Embedded in their own stream. In this case, you have to select that stream only.
      3. Actually rendered into the video.

This is why there can be difficulty in this process and the only way to track down what they have done is try the different permutations and combinations in either Fab's preview window or a software player.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        The reason that one works and the other not is that the studios have authored them differently.

Are any subpictures showing up in the subpicture pane?

Studios can author forced subtitles 3 ways and the only thing that you can guarantee that it does not conform to any standard:-

1. Embedded in a language stream. In this case you have to select the language stream and then select "Forced Subtitles Only"
        2. Embedded in their own stream. In this case, you have to select that stream only.
        3. Actually rendered into the video.

This is why there can be difficulty in this process and the only way to track down what they have done is try the different permutations and combinations in either Fab's preview window or a software player.
        thanks for your response. i believe i have tried all 3.

Comment

maybe try selecting english subtitles and then select Only show forced subtitles. I not sure if it will work but should not hurt to try if you not already

Comment

i just did this one, previewed it first and saw subtitles for everything in preview but when i play back nothing :-(

Comment

Originally posted by akadennis View Post
              i just did this one, previewed it first and saw subtitles for everything in preview but when i play back nothing :-(
              akadennis
              did you by a chance made any changes in Video Effect Settings? What exactly option and settings are you using.
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                akadennis
                did you by a chance made any changes in Video Effect Settings? What exactly option and settings are you using.
                no changes, used default. tried different players as well all with same results. vlc, windows media and media player classic.

Comment

If using the preview window in Fab, make sure to right click the preview window and select the audio or sub picture from the pop up screen, as it will still be playing the last selection that you checked off, and doing it this way resets the preview window and can give you a more accurate preview of the selection you want.
                  Hope this helps
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

no changes, used default. tried different players as well all with same results. vlc, windows media and media player classic.
                    I personally didn't have this experience (for me it worked magically fine), but I have read on various forums in regards to forced subs in Avatar, that if you change size of a picture from native resolution, subs are actually not getting re-sized but dropped. And you have to extract them, re size outside and render them back in. That's why you could see them in a preview and lost them in output content. So, please check in Video Effects section and set resolution to same as native and see what happened.
                    sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      If using the preview window in Fab, make sure to right click the preview window and select the audio or sub picture from the pop up screen, as it will still be playing the last selection that you checked off, and doing it this way resets the preview window and can give you a more accurate preview of the selection you want.
                      Hope this helps
                      CBR929
                      thank you i pretty much figured this out when i was previewing it.

Comment

I personally didn't have this experience (for me it worked magically fine), but I have read on various forums in regards to forced subs in Avatar, that if you change size of a picture from native resolution, subs are actually not getting re-sized but dropped. And you have to extract them, re size outside and render them back in. That's why you could see them in a preview and lost them in output content. So, please check in Video Effects section and set resolution to same as native and see what happened.
                        You were able to get the forced subs on the blu ray version of AVATAR to an .mkv file? Please confirm and tell me how you did this.

Comment

Confirming. How I did it? I have no idea, I guess I just made all the right clicks... I can tell, I didn't do anything tricky or special.
                          For sake of the experiment, in conjunction with my conversation with group of enthusiasts from other forum, we were able to leash those runaway subs using additional programs and multistage process. But that was unrelated to DVDFab, because I had success with Fab and didn't have any need to do anything special.
                          Last edited by IPopov50; 05-10-2010, 05:54 PM. Reason: Clarification
                          sigpic

Comment

Confirming. How I did it? I have no idea, I guess I just made all the right clicks... I can tell, I didn't do anything tricky or special.
                            For sake of the experiment, in conjunction with my conversation with group of enthusiasts from other forum, we were able to leash those runaway subs using additional programs and multistage process. But that was unrelated to DVDFab, because I had success with Fab and didn't have any need to do anything special.
                            I am trying to avoid using other programs to extract subs since DVDFAB seems to work except with AVATAR

Comment

well another evening trying to get forced subtitles out of the blu ray version of avatar to mkv or xbox 360. i give up, i have come to the conclusion that this is not possible. only one person said he got this to work and he has no idea what he did (see previous post) i can only assume this is not possible since no one else has successfully done this

Comment

Working...
                              X