This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Issues with generic.mp4.h264.aac

I'm trying to encode a DVD for my HTC Droid Incredible phone. The resolution of this phone is 800x480. The movie I'm encoding is 1.78:1 and I'm encoding at 800x450. I'm doing this with generic.mp4.h264.aac and at 23.976 fps. No matter what I choose for bitrate or fixed file size it always gives me approximately same file size. It is behaving like it is ignoring the bitrate or file size that I'm choosing and encoding at a predetermined bitrate. I'm running 7.0.4.0.

The videos look great on the Incredible I just want to get file sizes down a bit.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Try 7.0.5.3 beta for a start.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Try 7.0.5.3 beta for a start.
      I looked at change log and it did not look like anything was addressed with DVD to mobile. I will give it a try.

Comment

Still an issue on 7.0.5.3 It looks like it encodes at a particular bitrate regardless of what bit rate or file size is chosen. Any ideas? Any other profiles I should try?

Thanks!

Comment

Oddly I'm not getting the same behavior with 2 different computers. I installed on second computer and the adjustments to bit rate seem to work. On the machine that it was not working I uninstalled (and removed directories) and reinstalled and I'm still having the same issue. Is there some setting that is being saved in the registry? I'm running same OS on both computers (Win 7 Pro).

Comment

It would seem to be a difference either in the way DVDFab was installed or the way the OS is set up on the two machines. I have Win7 Pro also and have not noticed this problem with v7.0.5.2, have not done any DVD to Mobile yet with v7.0.5.3.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I can confirm this issue is related to movie/DVD and not the software. I tried a different DVD yesterday on original machine and it worked (movie close to size estimated in the edit screen). I also tried the movie that was ignoring bitrate on the second machine and I had same problem. Very odd. I'm not clear on why a particular DVD would have this issue...

Comment

Working...
              X