This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Aspect Ratio issues

Tried to convert IRON MAN (bd2bd main movie) to mkv. Used profile mkv.h264.audiocopy...
    The VideoSettings autocrop to 1920x800, which hasn´t been a problem on other movies sofar. But i play the mkv the movie is "squeezed" together...
    have tested with "Keep aspect ratio" but same problem...
    do i miss something?
    Version of fab was 7.0.5.2b...

this is exactly the problem.
    a friend converted the same file (my backup) with the same version of fab and exactly the same settings, without the aspect issue.
    and i made EventHorizon 2 days before in 1920x813 without the issue too.
    don´t know what is causing this, maybe something running in the background prevent DVDFab to cut the file ?!

Comment

bimme
      I want to ask you a question just to make sure I understood you correctly.
      Are you saying that you process your original BD into Blu-ray Main Movie format. Then, you taking this once processed "main movie" and using in secondary process to convert it into MKV. If this is correct, I would like to know why, what particular reason you have to process the movie twice?
      Double processing is always a "hit or miss" process with tendency to be mostly "miss".
      Please clarify it for me, and we'll see what kinda solution we can find for you.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

thx IP.
        In the first step i copy the main Movie to HDD using Bluray2Bluray. I select BD50 and Main Movie only, so i don´t process/convert it.
        After that i take Bluray2Mobile to convert it to (h264) MKV.

I do the first step, cause i don´t want my bd-rom to be busy 3-6 hours, and when something isn´t working, i still have the "original lossless copy" on HDD to convert again...

I´ll test tomorrow on a single chapter again, still thinking that something in the background prevent Fab of cutting the movie, cause the mkv i get has the 1920x800 pixels, but squeezed together not cutted like in the preview...

(I installed only iTunes between the movie worked and the one not worked, maybe this is the one)

Comment

Would you do me a favor, instead of choosing one of pre-selected resolutions (1920:800 in your case) go to "Video Effect Settings", tab "Crop", tick "Customized", crop it manually (remember to follow x16 rule), check "keep aspect ratio" box and try processing. If it works the way it should be - we would know that there's a bug in automated crop function - something Fengtao to work on.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I have tested this like your describe it but the video was squeezed again :-(

Comment

Have also tried it with "Keep aspect ratio" already like mentioned in the first post, and 1920x800 is exactly the resolution i would take manually too, cause it´s fitting perfectly. The Preview is looking like it should too, but the final mkv is bad.
              It´s not setting related, cause my friend made the exact same settings i told him and it was working for him.
              And few days earlier it was working for me too with another movie croped at 1920x813, and 813 is not divideable with 16 btw...

Comment

bimme & Paulsen
                Please play back the file with VLC media player (if you have not) and tell us the results.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

this is the result with vlc player, and wmp, and nero showtime, and so on...

Comment

update to 7.0.5.8, uninstalled itunes and other apple software, but the crop problem still exist.
                    when converting to the same resolution than original (1920x1080) everything is fine...

Comment

This sounds like exactly the same problem I reported a while back:

Comment

We do not need two thread about the same issue, this is confusing for other users and the developers. Please post in the other one, started by Uwe.Paulson. (http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=5581) I am closing this one.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                        X