This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Aspect Ratio

I was putting a copy of 'Monk' onto my iPhone and Handbrake does a great job but I was trying other software and it doesn't work with Win7/64 Bit.

Handbrake generates a nice 16:9 file, but DVDFab either stubbornly insists it's 14:3 or offers you a bundle of other aspect rations, all of which look awful.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-14-2010, 04:24 PM.

If you had a question I missed it! But the rest sounds accurate.

Comment

With all do respect to other software you are using instead of DVDFab, you are incorrect in your statement. By changing (customizing) "source aspect ratio" and "size" you can get so many combination, software that you've mentioned couldn't even dream of.

Originally posted by matt.whitby View Post
      I was putting a copy of 'Monk' onto my iPhone and Handbrake/DVD43 does a great job but I was trying DVDFab as it DVD43 doesn't work with Win7/64 Bit.

Handbrake generates a nice 16:9 file, but DVDFab either stubbornly insists it's 14:3 or offers you a bundle of other aspect rations, all of which look awful.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

you can get so many combination, software that you've mentioned couldn't even dream of.

I agree. If you want 16*9 or something that fills out your screen it may take trial and error to get what you want. I dont have an Iphone so I cant help with your exact problem but I have had similiar issues with PS3, PSP, Blackberry conversions and after adjusting the conversion settings I have experience great results.

It might help next time if you state results you would like and what exact methods you are using to convert the media(and what profile). Just a hint.

Comment

Can you clearly articulate what the problem is, and what you want and can't achieve.

Originally posted by LankyHank888 View Post
          you can get so many combination, software that you've mentioned couldn't even dream of.

I agree. If you want 16*9 or something that fills out your screen it may take trial and error to get what you want. I dont have an Iphone so I cant help with your exact problem but I have had similiar issues with PS3, PSP, Blackberry conversions and after adjusting the conversion settings I have experience great results.

It might help next time if you state results you would like and what exact methods you are using to convert the media(and what profile). Just a hint.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

You didn't miss the question because there wasn't one. I was just offering feedback on my experience with this product. I was looking for a replacement for Handbrake to run on Win7/64Bit and was looking at DVDFab and other programs.

Perhaps it works well for you, but if I manually alter the settings on DVDFab then I get a horribly squashed image. I've no idea what Handrake does but it works well out of the box.
            Last edited by AGJ; 05-14-2010, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Actually DVDFab does work out of the box so to speak and gives a much better picture quality than that program you keep mentioning. You must be using an incorrect setting or the wrong conversion setting

Comment

matt.whitby I think perhaps does not fully understand the interaction of output screen size and aspect ratio and should take some time to learn how to use DVDFab before assuming that it can't do something. Unless a mobile device screen matches the decoded aspect ratio of the original content there is no way to fill the screen without either cropping the image or making it look stretched. DVDFab has more options for dealing with black bars than anything I have ever used and the normal choices with automatic cropping work well for most users and content. Reviews of what other software can or can't do or what you like best are not relevant to the discusion. This is a software support forum, not a place to post opinions.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You can change aspect ratio in "conversion settings" window.
                  DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                  http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                    You can change aspect ratio in "conversion settings" window.
                    To amplify: if you think the problem is that DVDFab is not reading the Source aspect ratio correctly or that the original was not authored correctly you can force the Source (decoding) ratio on the Resize tab of the Video Effect Settings page (click the Edit button to access). It is the very top item in the Resize window.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X