Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Video gets smaller than source . . .?

Hi guys,
    There is probably a simple solution to this but I can find it.
    When I use "Generic" DVD to File my finished image is a lot smaller than the source on most files . . . is this because I am cropping out the letterbox or is it because of some other reason? . . . thank you.
    Last edited by signals; 05-26-2010, 03:11 PM. Reason: fixed prefix

It is because a more efficient method of compressing the video is used than the MPEG2 which is used on DVD's.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

is there a way to prevent this so I can watch it full screen . . . I do not mind letter-boxing at all, my prob is when there is black on all 4 sides even after I go full screen.

Comment

Are you using the Automatic Crop and what size are you setting the final resolution to? And what are you using to play the final file.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I am pretty much letting the defaults do there thing.
          I am playing it on windows media player.

Comment

The DVD to Mobile Generic has many choices for output screen size, but the larger you make them, the larger the output files will be and the longer they will take to encode. A good compromise size is 6XXxXXX, choosing the X digits to match your aspect ratio. I also suggest that you try VLC media player instead of WMP. VLC is free and gives you menu control of things like size, aspect ratio, deinterlace settings etc. and it requires no external codecs. You can find it at www.videolan.org

I am moving your thread to DVD to Mobile.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X