This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) A/V Codec Settings

I been searching on this forum for the best A/V Codec settings for making BD to Mobile backups that does not take 6 hours. I currently have on my desktop the NVDIA GEFORCE GT 220 and on my laptop I have the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470. My desktop has an I5 Processor and my laptop has an I7. I will purchase the COREAVC Codec if it will speed up the amount of time it takes to decode and encode. Is there a tutorial or anything out there I can refer to to get the best settings for my cards? Thanks to anyone who responds.

akadennis,
    there is no tutorial or solid recommendation for certain settings. Everyone has its own unique hardware/software configuration resulting in different processing speeds. It's all about experimenting with different combination for different content (i.e. animated, action, vc-1 coded, AVC, etc.). For instance, CoreAVC would of been nice addition to your Radeon machine, but it only works with AVC content.
    On a sidenotes, 6 hrs processing with i5 and GT220 is way too much. On my machine with Core2Duo and GTX295 it takes 3 hrs. Besides, I wouldn't panic just yet. BD2Mobile is still in works, and I've heard that in another couple of weeks we will see some effect in new engine...
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

it takes hours with selecting only software on av/codec settings. i have not found the perfect settings yet that give me smooth audio and video playback with cuda or dxva enabled.

Comment

I have a corei7 system and with CoreAVC the conversion times are great. I have the GTX 480 and get better perfromance using CoreAVC than using Cuda. Hopefully as they improve the Cuda support, I can fully utilize the 480 but for now Corei with CoreAVC is rocking. I can get a Blu-Ray converted in about an hour and DVD's I can convert in about 20-40 minutes at two pass.

Comment

Originally posted by irishgrunt View Post
          I have a corei7 system and with CoreAVC the conversion times are great. I have the GTX 480 and get better perfromance using CoreAVC than using Cuda. Hopefully as they improve the Cuda support, I can fully utilize the 480 but for now Corei with CoreAVC is rocking. I can get a Blu-Ray converted in about an hour and DVD's I can convert in about 20-40 minutes at two pass.
          I just downloaded coreavc and here is my codec information from DVDFAB.

Graphics Chipset :
          ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Supported Video Codecs :
          DXVA_MODE_H264
          DXVA_MODE_VC1

CoreAVC : is detected.

i too have a core I7 laptop. Not sure if I should use DXVA or software for VC1

Comment

I've been using software because it works better on my system. You may want to pick a small file and try both and see which one works faster.

Comment

I've been using software because it works better on my system. You may want to pick a small file and try both and see which one works faster.
              This is a good idea, I did something similar. I made a few short test ISOs of a couple of chapters from differently coded BDs and use them for testing. These settings are very important for optimum performance but will vary depending on the system hardware/OS environment.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Very good idea. I will definately try this.

Comment

i have a dxva card and i7 and coreavc and i see no difference in time..im jealous indeed. in fact coreavc mostly gives me dvdfab error reports!

Comment

Working...
                  X