This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aspect ratio strange behavior

I'm using DVDFab 6.0.7.0. I typically encode files from DVD to .mkv using the "DVD to Mobile" generic template.

I'm not sure what setting is causing this behavior, but when I'm ripping a widescreen movie and I select the title I wish to compress, then check the Edit button to see what aspect ratio it finds, it invariably gives me the 1.75 to 1.80 range even if the true aspect ratio when accounting for the letterboxing is around 2.33 or something.

Here's the weird part: if I close DVDFab and restart it, then go through the exact same steps for the same movie, it always finds the correct aspect ratio (2.33 or whatever). The first time always yields ~1.78, and after restarting the program it always finds the proper aspect ratio... but if I switch to another DVD and try to encode it, it goes back to the 1.78 and I have to restart it again.

What setting could be causing this to happen? Any ideas?

Do you have cropping set to Automatic?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Please download and try 6.1.0.5 beta and report back.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yep, cropping is set to automatic. I don't change any of the settings from the defaults... all I do is click Edit and the first time it shows the 1.78 aspect ratio, and after rebooting I click Edit and magically it recognizes the cropped aspect ratio.

Comment

Did you try the new beta also?
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes, it does the same thing.

Comment

OK. I'll do some more testing over the weekend.

Comment

I've been paying a little more attention to it, and it always seems to end up on 1.75 the first time (not 1.78 as I previously thought). One more thing I noticed is that once I reboot and am able to choose the correct cropped ratio, if I encode my file and then remain on the "DVD to Mobile" screen, I can select another source file to encode and it will sometimes get the cropped ratio correct. If instead I go to DVD to DVD and do anything, when I go to DVD to Mobile I'll get that 1.75 ratio again until I reboot the program.
                Last edited by Jens; 10-11-2009, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X