This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I change the Bitrate?

I did a brief search on the forums and couldn't find a good answer to this question.

What I have been doing is ripping DVD to DVD (to have a copy on my PC) and then taking that rip and converting it DVD to Mobile to put on my HTC Incredible phone (Android OS).

It works perfect, the quality is great, I edit some of the resolution settings to fit well, but I can't figure out how to change the bitrate. It is defaulted at 1841. The problem is that long movies, such as The Dark Knight, after conversion result in a file size over 2 GB, and the Android OS, which is Linux based, can't play file sizes over 2 GB on the phone.

I was told that my bitrate doesn't need to be anywhere near that high (1841) in order to still have a crisp picture, but there are only two options on the menu that I see:
    1) Bitrate Limit
    2) Filesize Limit
    And if I change the bitrate limit, the color of the window turns red, and won't go above 90.

Any help is appreciated.

RuggerxPunk ,
    you seems figured it right, it's in "Edit" section, and you can go either off "Filesize" or "Bitrate"... But what I couldn't figure out from your post is what profile are you using. It's "DVD to Mobile" and than what???... and than what after that???? Please provide more info.
    Hmmmm... window turns red??? Interesting. That means you are imputing too high number for bitrate. What number are you thinking of anyway??? BTW, what framerate you are selecting?
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Ok. I realized I made a mistake in my post originally.

I do DVD to DVD to rip it to my computer, then I do "DVD to Mobile" and use the source of where I just ripped the DVD to on my PC. I don't do "File to Mobile" at all. Scratch that.

So when I do DVD to Mobile, I change the resolution to "720x480", but yea, then I can't see how to change the bitrate. I leave the framerate as whatever is set by default.

Comment

Originally posted by RuggerxPunk View Post
        Ok. I realized I made a mistake in my post originally.

I do DVD to DVD to rip it to my computer, then I do "DVD to Mobile" and use the source of where I just ripped the DVD to on my PC. I don't do "File to Mobile" at all. Scratch that.

So when I do DVD to Mobile, I change the resolution to "720x480", but yea, then I can't see how to change the bitrate. I leave the framerate as whatever is set by default.
        I still have no idea what option and profile you are using in "DVD to Mobile". Is it Generic, Ipod, Cell Phone... what??? I don't have HTC Incredible phone, and I don't know what profile you are using. You have to begin to provide full information, or it will take weeks before we'll get anywhere.
        sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Here's exactly how it looks.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's exactly how it looks.
            OK, looks normal to me. Bitrate is on a left from resolution settings, it says "1841". What seems the problem. What number you want to change it to???
            sigpic

Comment

I want to effectively cut the bitrate in half in order to drastically reduce my file size.

Comment

Reducing the bitrate will also reduce the video quality. For the smallest file size choose an output resolution that exactly matches the device you will be playing the file on, not larger, and use one of the compressed audio formats like MP3 (instead of audiocopy) if your player supports it.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Where in the options can I choose for the audio to be mp3?

Comment

Where in the options can I choose for the audio to be mp3?
                    In profiles (drop-down window with profile option on a bottom)
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X