This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper New Batch of Beta's - A/V Sync

I have been away for a number of days and noticed the other A/V sync posts were closed as they were warranted as providing NO VALUE to the developers. While I agree some had little value others did provide information that should have helped with understanding the trouble users are seeing.

I see there are a number of new beta's and was curious if any users here with the A/V problem have seen any success or change with any of the releases. I have been using the WMV WMA10 5.1 profile with a gradual A/V sync issue. The issue never reflects itself in the first half it starts about the midpoint and gets progressively worse. The profile is the standard profile in Fab. Bit rate 2251, 2-pass, 5.1 audio, 704x???. Have tried 1 pass, lower bit rate, stereo, other aspect ratios, other formats. Using Win7, ATI Radeon x1300 256mb video card, 3gb of memory, Q6300 Duo Quad processor.

Not sure where things sit with the Fengtau and Ting messages that this is being worked on and was due to be complete by the end of June so I thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Originally posted by MRL_DVDFab View Post
    Not sure where things sit with the Fengtau and Ting messages that this is being worked on and was due to be complete by the end of June so I thought I'd ask. Thanks.
    They never gave a time frame as to when it will be fixed. If they did then could you post link to it as I not remember any time frame. All I remember is it being worked on as they need time to add the new mobile engine to it so not have addition problems this takes time to rework the code and stuff I beleive and if they rush it then there would be even more problems.

I will give some tries with latest released betas but not now as I heading out to pick up a few DVDs and a computer fan

Comment

I have re-opened the other thread, but it is on thin ice.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have just started a test using Avatar R4 as my test title using the exact same settings & Ver 7.0.7.8. Will report back results later today.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

BTW: Have already tested MKV & AVI audiocopy profiles and both perfect.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GB, you made the point about providing settings. What were yours for the MKV and AVI DVD to Mobile files? I would like to try them to the letter and see what I get. Thanks.

Comment

I have actually posted the profiles that I use for both in the "New Profiles" named as the players that I use, Measy E8HD & Measy E6SD.

Comment

Have you tried them yet?

Interested to know results.....

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  Have you tried them yet?

Interested to know results.....
                  I went to try your 2 profiles last night and of corse my computer gave me the blue screen of death on every encode I tryed to do so im out untell i fix the thing

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    I have just started a test using Avatar R4 as my test title using the exact same settings & Ver 7.0.7.8. Will report back results later today.
                    I can confrm that the sync problem does exist with this profile (and any WMV profile) as I have always suspected.

IMHO any WMV profile is a POS and should be steered away from by using something else.

I also tested using Windows Media Encoder natively whose engine I suspect Fab uses and had exacty the same results.

Pretty hard for Fab to get it right if Mo$$iesoft can't!!!

Tested playing with WMP. VLC, Nero, MPC and a variety of hardware Media Players.

Also rencoded & retested my AVI & MKV encodes using profiles listed above. PERFECT !!!

Comment

I saw a lot of the synch issues as well but I took many of the moderators advice and switched to a new profile in my case I chose AVI. I found I could make smaller size movies with better quality than wmv and I stream using media server software to transcode them so my xbox can play them. Aside from the occasional beta bug this has been rock solid and by the time I stream them to the xbox you can hardly notice a difference between the DVD and the avi file.

I've even started re-doing some of the movies I had done in wmv to avi after seeing the results.

Comment

Mr Grunt, sounds like I too am in the same position as you. Use an xBox360 as a media extender from a WMC machine pulling the files from a Windows Home Server. Works great. Used WMV with little issue for quite some time. 18-24 months. Now sync issue with no end in sight using Fab. Not opposed to trying another format however would like to know what profile and settings you are using to create the AVI files referenced. Thanks.

GBoy - I will try your profiles later today and report back. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
                        X