This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 0 Frames per second

I am converting a number of kids movies to IPAD format to load for my son to watch on the IPAD whilst we are travelling. I have a few of the Barney dvd's though that if I make a full dvd copy things work fine (did this to see if the dvd was faulty), but if I try to convert from DVD to Mobile, the conversion process commences but the frame rate sits at 0 and eventually I have to cancel the conversion. No error messages are given.

Any suggestions ?

If only certain titles fail to convert, try copying the titles to your hard drive using Customize mode and see if they will play from the folder on the hard drive. If they do, try making the mobile conversion with the VIDEO_TS folder on the HDD as the Source.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the input but no different

Thanks, I now tried copying from the DVD to HDD using the customise option and that worked fine. I then selected the folder in DVDFAB\Customise for the copied DVD and selected to do a DVD to Mobile - IPAD conversion. Again the task starts with no errors but the "encoding FPS" starts at about 0.15 and then slowly drops to 0.

Comment

Try it with a single pass setting.

I have seen problems with 2-Pass and the devs are apparently working on this.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

problem continues

Hi, apologies for lengthy delay, have tried single pass now with the same effect. I have also tried a variety of other conversion types listed in the menu with the same problem remaining.

Any other input would be welcome

Comment

Similar Speed Problem

I , too, am having a speed problem similar to this. I'm using Blu-ray to moblie and trying to convert for the Xbox. When I start the process the FPS is up around 80 but within 5 minutes drops to under 1 FPS.

My machine has plenty of power, quad-core Intel i7-920, 4GB RAM, SSD hard drive, ATI 5850 so I know that should not be this issue.

When I check out Windows 7 task manager during the encoding process I see DVDFab has grabbed about 600MB RAM but the CPU is doing almost nothing. In fact, it's CPU usage sits at 0%, spikes to 5 or 10% for a sec, then back to 0%. It continues this pattern the whole time.

What's going on here?

Comment

Working...
            X